02 February 2009

Gluttons

I don't think I've ever eaten so much food in my entire life. That's what I was moaning to myself as I was trying to sleep last night. For our anniversary this year, Davey and I decided to finally indulge in the Sunday brunch buffet at The Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake. I've heard that it is the most fantastic thing ever so, we went for it and yes, it was indeed uber delicious.

We totally enjoyed ourselves. (Can you tell that Davey's mouth is full? It is.)

Davey is so happy with his seafood.

I loved the sushi! It was killer. Or was I killer? I can't tell.

I wish I would've taken a picture of this before I ate half of it. It was the most fabulous banana crepe ever. The best thing I ate, seriously.

I ate a horse and I think Davey only ate half of a horse. He swears that he ate more than me but I don't think so.

I wrote down everything that I ate, and everything he ate. Here we go, you decide:

ME:
mixed berry crepe with berry cream cheese
banana crepe with chocolate, candied almonds & whipped cream
veggie & bacon omelet
seafood cocktail
prime rib with cheesy polenta
crab legs
linguine with artichoke hearts, peppers & squash
bread pudding with caramel sauce
pound cake dipped in a chocolate fountain
sushi galore
a diet coke with lemon, gogi juice shot, carrot juice shot

DAVEY:
mahi mahi
bread
seafood cocktail
crab legs
shrimp
2 eggs, bacon & sausage
sushi galore
cheesecake
Dr. pepper, & a strawberry smoothie

(you do the math)

Anyway, it was so much fun and we HIGHLY recommend it to everyone. It's definitely not on the cheap side but, just don't think about it and do it anyway.

This hotel is a palace. If you haven't been, I suggest you check it out. For reals!

Note: I loved it so much.
Note: I don't think I'll be able to do this to my body ever again.

10 comments:

{natalie} said...

happy anniversary! i love nice buffets. well worth the $$ to eat delicious food. we should do the sundance one sometime.

ps see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey let's go to it together sometime! :) And also, I decided you need to put the amounts of each food so I can accurately judge who ate more - cuz what if you just had a bite of each thing? lol

Rachel and Kelly said...

I love the Grand America Buffet. We used to go there every year for Kelly's birthday. We go planning on spending a good few hours there to get our money's worth. Kelly LOVES the crepes. If you go in the summer time they have a grill and an ice cream bar outside and the crepes are better because they have tons of fresh fruit. Anyways, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Smith Life said...

Happy Anniversary! What better way to celebrate then to eat eat eat! That's my kind of party!

{Erica} said...

Happy Anniversary. Annivesaries are made so you can indulge. I totally agree that you just don't think about the $$ and just do it!

The food looks incredible...I am adding that on my list of places to hit when we come through again.

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

Congrats on your Anniversary!!!!Thats one of the times where the cost of dinner wont matter right? That hotel looks awesome !! Tons of yummy food to choose from thats for sure ! and yes you did eat a lot...but hard to judge cause you dont know how much amount you had of each food...If your like me you try a bit of everything :)

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

ps.. you guys are HOT

M Occasionally B said...

the last time I ate there I was sick for days beacuse I gluttoned myself with too many different types of foods. crepes + sushi=the poopies! ha ha but I still loved it! I'm glad your guys had fun! happy late anniversary BTW!

Cameron Family said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys! that is they way to celebrate....Stuff yourself full! Pretty much that is what Chris and I choose to do on every occasion....EAT LOTS!

Chris Grover said...

um, YUM! seriously, you can't tempt a prego woman like that! i almost got in the car right then to go stuff myself silly! that sounds delicious and like such a fun little get-away! i will definitely have to try that sometime!