21 November 2009

New Moon

I took Megan out on a date this morning. A date in the morning? Yes, a date in the morning. I wanted to surprise her and take her to see the new vampire movie, "New Moon". What husband voluntarily takes his wife to that movie? This one.

But the only way for me to minimize the number of cape-wearing, fanged-teeth, pale-skinned old women in love with and fantasizing about 17 year-old boys is to stay away from any of the local bars. But another good way is to go to any early morning screening of the latest vampire movie, while all the creepy cougars are still at home "putting their faces on".

But I will leave the official movie review for Megan.

What I want to talk about is babysitting. My brothers and Megan's dad are our tag team crew of male chaperons. These three bachelors shoulder the load of tending Adelaide based on whoever is at that time pissing us off the least and doesn't have a date. This morning while Megan's dad is at the temple and Kip is in the middle of his sleeping until one in the afternoon, it fell to Randy.

In all fairness, Addie torments her babysitters. She is a nonstop train of energy, laughs, and games. She is the boss when they show up and both her and the babysitter know it. So when we get home from our outings its always nervous to look around the house searching for survivors, i.e. the babysitters.

This is what we found today.

Addie's room.

The spare bedroom.

Our room.

I found this on Randy's phone.
Addie, her toilet seat, Captain, the bathroom, the toilet.

Thanks anyway Randy.

9 comments:

Mumsy said...

I cannot stop laughing. That last picture is priceless.

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

Dude, that is soooo funny.

{natalie} said...

good work randy....was he hog tied in the garage when you got home??? adelaide is so funny.

see you soon :)

M Occasionally B said...

it's hard to beleive that one sweet little girl can do that much damage in 2hrs and 10mins plus driving time.

Mim said...

The bathroom photo is hilarious, however there is one problem. New Moon was Megan and my thing. Davey you're a party crasher!!

Rachel and Kelly said...

These are so funny. I love that Addie runs the house.

Greg and Diana said...

Davey...this is going to sound super random, but I found your blog through Gary's, you guys grew up with my hubby's family and I was so excited when his parents informed me that Gary had a blog. The only problem is there is no where to leave comments =( So I couldn't leave any smart alec remarks for him and his wife. Greg hasn't talked to him since we first got married and I'd love to be able to get in touch with him...could you ask him, pretty please, if we could have an email address?? Greg would love you forever (although I doubt that's much motivation!!) Thanks...my email address is socalcutie82@hotmail.com

Oh, and kudos for taking your wife to New Moon...you're not the only guy who sucked it up and did it, us wives appreciate it!!

Emmy said...

This is so hysterical!

REGS said...

That is hilarious! Hey Davey, this is Ruth (Greer) Silveira! Randy gave me your blog address cause you are against facebook...so sad :-( I hope you don't mind! Just thought I'd see how you are! You have the cutest family! And congrats on baby boy on his way! I'm so excited for you guys! I'm currently living in Orange County, CA with my hubby and two little boys. I have a blog also, but it's private. Let me know if you'd like to keep in touch, and I can invite you to the blog. My e-mail: ruthgs1@gmail.com . Hope all is well! Hugs to you and the fam!