09 December 2010

A Hot Mess

We had the privilege of hosting a neighborhood party at our house last weekend. It was so much fun. Although, I don't know if the house had as much fun as we did.

I think every single toy was pulled out and spread across the floor. Snow globes and water balloons were broken, cupcakes smooshed in the carpet, and there was laughter galore. I guess that's what happens when you get approximately 24 children in a 1800 square foot house.


We played holiday Pictionary and exchanged white elephants. Some got "real lucky" with their gifts, if you know what I'm sayin'.

We ate yummy soup, dips, desserts and had an amazing night. Davey said it must have been a hit because we didn't mind cleaning up the mess. Thank you Ashley for hosting it with me and for everyone who made it a great party!

3 comments:

{natalie} said...

a smashed cupcake into the carpet? that does not sound cool. but it looks like a fun party anyway, i can tell by the red nightie.

Ashley said...

It really was so much fun, but I was sick about your house. So glad it cleaned up well!!

Wendy McMillan said...

I hesitated to read this post because from the title I was afraid I would read or see something very filthy, like another giant zucchini or something. You always got to push the envelope, don't you May?