07 February 2011

8 is Great!

Davey and I arrived miraculously at our eighth wedding anniversary last Tuesday.  It was a momentous occasion.  So what do you do to celebrate a momentous-miraculous occasion?  You leave the kids with Ma, Davis, and Jake (much to their delight), and take off to Salt Lake City on Saturday night. 
First, we dined at Ginza (one of our new favorite spots).  It was a little surprise dinner Davey put together and it was so much fun!  Thanks to those who came and we are sad about those who could not make it.  We'll do it again, I promise.
 Then we headed off to the hotel, the Grand America hotel that is.  We stayed on the 19th floor and the view was absolutely beautiful of the valley.  I couldn't get over it. 
Beautiful, no?
We ended our celebration with the most amazing Sunday brunch ever!  We relaxed, watched T.V., tried to sleep in, and ate until our belly's could take no more.  It was an amazing anniversary and I can't wait for next year:)

6 comments:

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

CONGRATS YOU GUYS!!! SO GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO GET AWAY!! FUN! I LOVE THE PICTURE OF YOU TWO AT THE END- YOU GUYS ARE HOT!!

mim said...

It was an awesome weekend! PS.....I love your picture

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the three of us.
May, me, and Thing from the Adams Family on my right arm.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I would like to talk to you about an article I wrote that, being a parent, I think you would enjoy (on early childhood education). I'd love it if you could drop me an email quick so I can give you more details if you're interested or if you were interested in new content for your blog.

Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com

{natalie} said...

yay! happy anniversary. sorry we missed dinner. work schmork.

looks like a fun time and i love the view from the hotel!

Mindy Williamson said...

We're jealous! It looks so relaxing and fun. Congratulations!