16 October 2011

Sweet Number Six

My sweet baby girl turned six on Thursday. I guess that means she's not really my baby anymore doesn't it? Six! Six! Already?

She requested a Jessie (Toy Story) party. So I did my best to round up a party that screamed cowgirl.

She had her first all-friend party on Saturday and I think it was a hit. We had trail mix treat bags, popsicles, and Jessie's hat cupcakes.
The girls decorated paper cowgirl vests with glitter-glue, stickers, and markers.
They raced stick-horses.

Genny and I even got in on the game. Although, I felt I was at a disadvantage because I had to ride side-saddle due to my skirt:)



We're glad Addison could show up at the end (priorities Ethan?) and it turned out to be a wonderful party. It was a beautiful, warm fall day and the kids had a good time. That's all that counts, right?

Happy birthday to my grown-up, beautiful six year old!
We love you Adelaide!


7 comments:

Wendy McMillan said...

Wow that looks like it was a fun party. Way to go on all the decorations! Your backyard really looks like a dude ranch. Is that actual hay??

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

6 already??? Where do the years go:( Lana loves Jesse too! What a perfect party! Happy Birthday

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

6 already??? Where do the years go:( Lana loves Jesse too! What a perfect party! Happy Birthday

Mim said...

You did an awesome job and Addie, as usual, looks adorable!

Cari said...

What a fun party! Adelaide is darling!

(This totally brought back the memory of my Jake's 4 year cowboy party. We even made the paper vests too! Excuse me now while I go cry...they grow up WAY TOO FAST!)

{natalie} said...

so, no this did not turn up in my reader. weird.

i love this party and wish i had been there. the cupcakes look great and the straws in the glass mug. love it all.

sorry add was so late. you better believe i called ethan about 100 times that morning.

thanks again for coming over, we love hanging out with you guys.

Chris Grover said...

Awww, that is so cute! And SIX?! That is seriously crazy! She is such a cute little girl with such an adorable personality! I bet she loved having a "friend" party -- especially such a fun one! Good job, parents!