26 May 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

We had the pleasure of visiting my sister and her man Steve in St. George this weekend. Weeks ago when we planned on going, I envisioned hot, beautiful days and warm nights. It turned out to be not the case, what is up with this weather?!!! But still, it was a good weekend.

Our first matter of business was to visit Colorado City. Oh yes folks, we drove out to Colorado City to see the Polygs. Can you say CREEPY? I can, and it was.


This was their happening town on a Saturday evening. We drove around town and found hardly a soul. We found a large building (perhaps a religious building?) where many cars were parked. That was about it.


We discovered many homes of this nature. Huge, gigantic, how the heck do they make their money homes. Other houses were kind of dumpy, big and all under construction. Almost every home had some sort of major project going on.


This was my favorite. Pun intended?

Sunday we took a trip to Zion National Park. It has been at least ten years since my last visit, it seemed more gorgeous than I remember. We went straight to the Temple of Sinawava to hike the end of the narrows. Warning: multiple pictures follow.







The water was freezing!!


My friend Genny, 5 and a half months pregnant sister Anna, Genny's sister Jessica.


Adelaide loves Steve.


This picture was A-dorable.

We are planning on going back and hiking the rest of it later in the season. Hopefully it will be a little bit warmer!

6 comments:

{Erica} said...

I love that you went to colorado city...awesome. We're planning a trip to Zion's in June. I can't wait!

{natalie} said...

those pics are awesome. looks like a fun weekend. it's always nice to get away for a few days.

Ashley said...

Oh i love Zion's, I'm jealous you got to go. Next time if you go with out your little one, you guys should hike Angels Landing, it's awesome!

Colorado City looks creepy, seriously. I'm with you, where do they get all their money?? Weirdness.

Smith Life said...

Tell Anna congrats! How exciting! Does she know yet what she is having?

Megan said...

A girl!

Mumsy said...

You are making me so homesick!

So, as I was watching this piece about the Polygamists on CBS the other night, I was remembering when I visited Colorado City. Creepy is an understatement. I've never been somewhere before where the people look hollow inside--you know what I mean?

The Merry Wives sign totally makes me laugh!