08 May 2008

Some Funny Things

Today concluded our week of Summer University at work. There were two things that I found rather intriguing.

#1

They branded our steaks we had for lunch with UVU
(our theme for Summer University was, 'It's Our Brand'). So Creative.

#2

Miss Carmen Rassmussen (yes, former finalist on American Idol)
sang for our afternoon lunching pleasure.

P.S. She has improved so much since American Idol.
I didn't love her on the show, but the songs from her new
album are really good and her voice sounded great.

They treated us very well this week, I love working for UVU.

6 comments:

{natalie} said...

i'm sorry but that steak looks really gross. i hope it tasted good! i think carmen was at the big C for a book signing last month but i didn't know it until after she left. too bad, i think she's cute. i'm really glad you are enjoying your job so much!

Megan said...

Yes, steak was extremely overdone and not very tasty.

Chris Grover said...

i'm not going to lie, i actually missed summer university! it's a nice break from the norm! and i worked with the lady with the somewhat snarl on her face in the background of adelaide's pony picture. too funny! glad they treated you guys so well this year!

C. Jane Kendrick said...

You and my parents keep going to the same UVU functions. Keep an eye out for them, and I will tell them to do the same. One day you will meet up and embrace. I pray that day will occur.

zzulie79 said...

LOL! Branded steak is too hilarious. But it still looks like you had fun.

{Erica} said...

I'm with Nat on the whole steak thing....but kudos for sticking to a theme right?

I hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day.

I totally forgot about Carmen, she is way better now (judging from her new stuff) than she was back then.