15 September 2008

Utah State Fair

It was a huge tradition growing up that we would go to the Utah State Fair for my mom's birthday. We haven't done it as a big family in a long time, but it's a tradition I have fond memories of. I love unhealthy fair food, and carnival rides, and stinky cows. There's just something about it.
We missed you this year mom, but we went and sent you the fun through ESP! (Did you feel it?)


Are you really surprised? She rode twice, that's right, two pony rides.


She was amazed at the sheer enormity of the geese.


Cute baby cow!


Do you see how tall this thing is?!!!
I am 5'5" and it was taller than me. Freakin' huge!
(that shirt makes me look deceivingly pregnant, sorry guys)


She had a blast! (shhhh, so did we)

P.S. I need to put a plug in for the grilled corn on the cob.
Fabulously deliciously delightful!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like a good time, dave called and gave me the invite sorry i couldn;t come

{natalie} said...

the fair looks awesome! adelaide is so funny how she loves the ponies so much. you should just buy her one to put in the backyard!

Anonymous said...

I did feel it. Did you try the deep fried peanut butter and jelly? Missed you guys too!!!

Chris Grover said...

i am so sad we missed it this year. so we'll just live it through your pictures! looks like it was a successfully awesome fair! and that cow -- holy crap!

Anonymous said...

You havn't been to a fair till you have been to the Idaho State Fair and had Deep fried Snickers bars. MMMMMMM

{Erica} said...

the only way to stand a stinky cow is at the state fair!

that's one big cow!

adelaide is so dang cute and I love that she loves horses so much, I'm sure she was in heaven.