24 September 2008

Y Not?

We were bored.
Thats usually when trouble starts for Adelaide and me.
Because, then I start thinking.
Thats usually when trouble starts for Megan.

I got Addie dressed, did her hair (I can usually avoid a chunk of the punishment resulting from my ideas if I can tell May, "At least I did her hair"). Grabbed her shoes and loaded us both into the truck. We drove around a little while singing along to the Killers and some Pearl Jam. Before I knew it we ended at the parking lot that invokes fear into the hearts of those that know me best.

Thats right, the parking lot at the base of Y Mountain. Or as some of you know it, the parking lot where you leave your car before hiking to Alien Grove.

We didn't have markers for our No-Alien tattoos, so I decided Addie and I would just hike the Y. Its good practice for next months trip home to California and all the hiking we will do around Disneyland. She did great, hiked about half the trail, peed in the bushes once, caught two grasshoppers and threw four hundred sixty-two rocks down the famously painted alphabetical.

Thats right. Her Etch'n'Sketch made the trip too.
It was a must.



Now that we are home, I need a nap . . .. Why doesn't she?


Turn up the volume to hear the hiking song.

5 comments:

Jacob I. McMillan said...

I still haven't done the hike. Four and a half years here, and some 3 year old has beat me to it. Is she trying to smoke the sunflower in that picture? You need fire to smoke things.

*ethan* said...

sound like fun, i can't believe she hiked all the way up.....i had to carry kade!!

{natalie} said...

you are a brave dad dave! i would be nervous to do it alone. that's awesome

jake roi said...

At least I did her hair - that's rich. When I used to "do" baby girl's hair - I'd get in more trouble. Props to you for the hair, and the Y hike was cool too.

Cari said...

i love the hiking song! fun!