07 October 2008

Arts & Crafts

Adelaide loves horses. If this is the first time you've heard that, WELCOME.
She owns some horses down the street. She loves movies with horses in them. She, of course, has a rocking horse. She loves the rodeo. She owns multiple cowgirl hats. And so it was no surprise that at her birthday party she got 12 horses, 1 my little pony, 1 wooden fenced corral and other horse books and accessories. Thanks All.
Then it was Sunday after the party that she was looking for a home for all of her new horses. So my dad went to the garage and grabbed one of her old diaper boxes (who doesn't save diaper boxes for that dreaded moving day?). He grabbed a razor blade and went to work. In all of about eight minutes he had cut and sliced that box into a perfectly to-scale model barn. Complete with loft windows and opening doors. Thanks Dad.
Addie loved it. She carried it everywhere around the house and has since brought it with us on driving errands. So today when I picked up Randy he flashed me (wait until the end of the sentence, perverts) two cans of spray paint (see?). One white, one red.
Now our diaper box looks like this.

Thanks Randy.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you hadn't said it was a diaper box I would've thought that was life size! And I was like where did they get those giant horses? They look like they came off a merry-go-round.

*ethan* said...

good placement of the ponies! looks so real

{natalie} said...

that is awesome!! i love it

Smith Life said...

The angle of those pictures makes that barn and those horses look huge. Happy Birthday Addie!

Sarah said...

Wow. I'm impressed! How cute that she got all those horses. Anytime I see horses or cowgirl stuff, I think of Addie.

{Erica} said...

THAT IS AWESOME! in the pictures it looks huge!

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

I had to ask Brian if he thought they looked life size??....I swear they really do...FUNNY! I bet Addie is in HEAVEN with her horses!! I cant believe our babies are not babies anymore :(

Chris Grover said...

ingenious!! wow, what a creation! i can only imagine how excited she was about this, because yes, it's true, horses need a home too! so cute!

Anonymous said...

To tell the truth, the whole thing looked a little small to me, leaving something more to be desired.