26 March 2009

The Place Where the Weather Makes Me the Happiest

I would like to start by thanking our fabulous friends and family who housed us on this trip. First we have the Soules family, then the Brown family, then the Saunders family. Thank you for making it a great trip!


We stopped in Victorville and spent a night with Brian, Brooke, and Lana. Adelaide and Lana had a great time together. I think they remembered they were friends back in the day before they moved away.

We went to the mall and let them play in a sweet kids area. Then they got Kung Fu Panda toys.
They really had a blast.

The next day we ended up in Disneyland. How it happened again I'm not sure, I think we're addicted.






This was Adelaide's crowning achievement. She was finally tall enough to ride the Go Coaster in Toon Towne. It was her favorite ride ever. I held on to her while she kept her hands in the air and squealed with joy. My little daredevil.

When we went last October she didn't get any mouse ears. Now she has "Mimmie" ears as she calls them.

The Disney crew.

The next day we landed at our final destination, Jef and Robyn's house. I love La Quinta in March.

Addie surfed,

and played in the sand.

We made a short trip over to Joshua Tree National Park one of the days. There is a section of the park called Jumbo Rocks which totally rocked our California world.

It consists of gargantuine rocks towering in the middle of the desert. Super cool if I do say so myself.

We spent a few hours climbing our little legs off and the kids especially had a great time. They can roam, and hike, and feel on top of the world all at the same time.

Our next trip we are planning on camping at Jumbo Rocks because we loved it so much. The best part is that every woman I saw there roamed around in a bikini. I want to do that.

Last but not least, I stocked up at my favorite store (and your favorite) Trader Joe's. Can we please get one of these in Utah? I will beg, work, plead, cower, whatever it takes. This place seriously rocks. What are my favorite things you ask? Their Indian simmer sauces are delicious and their Joe Joe's are better than Oreos. I also love their selection of nuts and pastas. Oh, their dark chocolate pretzel thins are to die for.

Here's to wishin'...

8 comments:

{natalie} said...

i like your owl shirt. joshua tree sounds cool. i'm glad you had good weather while you were there and got to see brian and brooke. sounds like a great trip!

Smith Life said...

I would have to say that Disneyland is a great addiction!

Ashley said...

Looks so fun! California really is the best! I've never been to Trader Joe's so I don't know what I'm missing, maybe I should keep it that way ;)

Cari said...

How fun! I bet you were shocked to come home to snow! Addie is a doll!

Sarah said...

It looks like you had a great, and much needed get away. I love Addie in her Minnie ears. The picture of you two is adorable!

Jaime said...

Oh- what I wouldn't give to go to Disneyland. It's our addiction as well and we are hoping hoping hoping we get to go this year!!!

Chris Grover said...

jealousy and envy! how i love cali! disneyland, trader joe's, and that rock park looks incredible! i think we need to plan our next trip real soon! glad you guys had such a fun time!

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

It was so fun seeing you guys ! You guys had so much fun..bet it was a bummber to go back to Utah :) I love the pic of Addie in the Minnie Mouse ears...she is beautiful! I have been such a slacker on my blog I still need to post the pics of Lana and Addie!