24 September 2010

Best Movies Ever

Now that Adelaide is almost five years old I figure its time to introduce her to movies without Shrek in them. First was The Burbs. She didn't really get it. So I tried The NeverEnding Story. She loved it. She said its one of her favorites. It was rough at parts but she pulled all the way through.
Best Lesson:
It's OK to cry when the Swamp of Sadness consumes Artex.
Or else, you're a total jerk.
PS- She wants a Luck Dragon for Christmas.
PPS- Artex is alive at the end of the movie and it's OK to cry/cheer when you see him then too.

8 comments:

Mim said...

Which one of you cried? ;)

Jacob I. McMillan said...

The Burbs is not appropriate for children. I hope you got in trouble with May for that.

Wendy McMillan said...

Whatever. The Burbs is for everyone so children don't grow up taking it for granted that their neighbors are not serial killers.

Artex isn't consumed by anything. He was simply going for a mud soak at a spa Atreyu (sp?) wasn't familiar with. It's a LONG mud soak. And you have to be completely submerged to received the full effect.

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

So funny! That was my favorite movie growing up!!! We have it too...just havent had Lana watch it yet. Guess thats next on the list :) Glad Addi liked the movie

Jackie said...

I need to watch this again... I only remember the flying dragon.

{Erica} said...

being completely honest here...Never Ending Story is one of the scariest movie's I've ever watched. (I know! don't ask...it just is).

Wendy McMillan said...

Can you believe Jacob has only seen Neverending Story 2? That's like seeing Return to Oz but never watching The Wizard of Oz. Ugh. Return to Oz. Talk about scary movies.

Laura Ek said...

Nice, That's a good way to give your child nightmares- a flying white dog, rock people, and a dead horse. Although it's not much different from Star Wars, and my kids are obsessed.