07 October 2010

Countdown Is On

(courtesy 2009)

Poor Megan. October is not her month. Besides having 'oct' for a prefix and being the tenth month of the year; go figure, octopus, octagon, octomom..... (8 anyone?), here are the top three reasons it's hard on her.

1) I talk in my Dracula voice for a good majority of the month.

2) October is the month of her dad's, my dad's, her sister's, our daughter's and her husband's birthday. Not to mention most of my friends growing up had October birthdays too. (Adam, Laura, Jacob, Tony, The United Nations, etc) Don't even get me started on extended family birthdays in October (Hi Nora, and Nora's soon to be new sibling)

3) I get so excited for our annual California road trip that I blog at 3:00AM instead of sleeping.

That's right. It's time.
10 days.
9 nights.

Friday -> Victorville (Like an opening night teaser)
Saturday -> Beach
Sunday -> Church, then Beach (Don't judge, it balances out)
Monday -> Disneyland
Tuesday -> Beach
Wednesday -> Sea World
Thursday -> Beach
Friday -> Beach
Saturday -> Beach
Sunday -> Beach, then cry eight hours back to Utah

I am excited because Adelaide's birthday is on the 13th. So when we leave Friday we will give her her first present. The Unicorn Pillow Pet she has been asking for for over a year now. "PJs fit right inside," she tells me just after the commercial announces that fact.

Then, before Megan and Reggie fly down on Monday night, I will sneak Addie into Disneyland where she will finally be tall enough, using some tricks I've taught her, to ride the bigger rides like Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain. She's gonna love it.

Now I know why we had kids. Without Adelaide, I never could have sold Megan on all these things. I am still trying to figure out how to get her to get me a Pillow Pet for MY birthday. Garments fit right inside.

14 comments:

Gary said...

Dude, go to bed.

Anonymous said...

I can't! Bluh! (in my Dracula voice)

Jackie said...

Soooo... I've never seen this pillow pet thing, but after watching this, I'm sold. I need one.

{Erica} said...

My girls got pillow pets ...finally.

I have refused to spend $40 on two pillow pets for over a year now.

Good thing they have a cool uncle who felt sorry for then and thought it hilarious that they could both quote the whole commercial.

have fun here in sunny Cali!

p.s. pretty sure I laughed hard when you wrote "garments fit right inside"...

Wendy McMillan said...

You are such a dork. But a lovable one.

Thank you for teaching my niece the right way to do Disneyland by not settling for baby rides.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Christmas family gift exchange = pillow pet exchange?? (to the person who gets my name I want the frog)

Anonymous said...

And Dad and I thought you all just wanted the calendar for Christmas. Kiss CA for me. Your dad should have never taken me there to live. No, he should have never made me leave. Have fun! My favorite ride is still Peter Pan. Hugs, Ma Idaho PS. She is covering up for someone. I nevr taught her that word.

MIm said...

You guys have a wonderful time. Bonus for me, I get to spend a few days with the Regmeister and Meg.

Silus Grok said...

SEPTember, OCTober, NOVember, DECember … 7, 8, 9, & 10.

The year used to start in March.

:)

Silus Grok said...

And just so she’s not the only one suffering … I’ll just mention in passing that I still like raw hot dogs.

* scrubs brain, trying to remove Dracula voice from dark recesses *

;P

{natalie} said...

i wish i could come to the beach with you guys. too bad.

ooooh man are kade and add going to be jealous of the pillow pet. PLEASE don't tell them. please.

happy bday adelaide!!

ps i think i finally convinced ethan to strip for you this year....

Bethany said...

Taylor just got that unicorn pillow pet for her birthday last month! So sad you are going to the wrong part of CA. OK so they have fun stuff and warmer beaches. They don't have us! But I'm sure you'll still have fun without us. And yes Dom is giving Just you Davey, the finger.

Kelli said...

I'm glad Josh isn't the only husband who blogs. Jealous about the beach, but not the unicorn pillow pet. Glad we just have boys! No unicorns around this place!
BTW, I am totally a fan of the dracula voice.

Wendy McMillan said...

Scratch that. I want the turtle.

Laura Ek said...

Are you in California still? I think I missed you guys! WE could have met up finally! And, I see she got her Unicorn Pillow pet . . so cute!!!