27 October 2010

Davey, How Was California?

Thanks to everyone that made our trip possible. I love going home. It will always be a home for me. And so I am grateful to all those who help make this trip such a success.
Thanks to the Soules Family for housing us a night in Victorville and meeting us at Sea World.
Thanks to the Easton Family for hooking us up on a Pre-Disneyland night in Lake Forest.
Thanks to Adelaide for hitting 29 rides at Disneyland and for letting me carry you on my shoulders for at least 11 of those 12 fun hours.
Thanks to the Brown Family for the sweet condo in San Diego for a couple nights and for letting us meet your new beautiful baby girl.
Thanks to Cousin Staci for the plane flight for Megan and Reggie and to Jil for being the airport shuttle.
Thanks to Reggie for being such a good traveling baby.
Thanks Tony and Jay for a great BBQ night and the stroll down adolescence lane.
Thanks to Uncle Newel for awkward hugs and to the Price family for making us feel welcome.
And thank you Salisbury Family for inviting us each year to spend a week with you at the Beach House. Your hospitality is only out-done by your love to ROCK!
PS- If any of you, or your children, suffer from fear of roller coasters, send them my way. This is my 4 year-old at her best. That's right. Big Thunder Mountain 3 times! Only Sleeping Beauty's walk-through castle got as much attention from Adelaide and me. And yes, those two attractions are about as different as it gets. But what do you do when you are the World's Best Dad? (Well, I am at least in the top ten, right?) Edited for your viewing pleasure, Addie's first time on Big Thunder Mountain.

8 comments:

Jackie said...

Davey... I wish I would have been your kid. I only got to go to Disneyland once when i was a kid, and it wasn't until I was nine! Now I've been twice in my life! :) So yes, I think that does put you in the top ten.

Jackie said...

PS megan.. you look freaking fantastic! I want to be just like you when I get pregnant, and after having that baby! you amaze me!

Mim said...

Oh my gosh! I freaking love the video!!!

Jacob I. McMillan said...

I was always too scared to lift my arms on the rides at Disneyland as a kid. Addie is way more advanced than I was.

Reggie looks like a buff baby. I still think Holden could take him in a fight though, since he's not a girl. Only girls can terrorize him.

bridgette said...

Go Addie! That was awesome. Davey, can you come video when Nora rides her first roller coaster? The angles were perfect.

Wendy McMillan said...

Doesn't Addie know the bar is there for you to hold onto? Buff Dave. She truly is one of us now.

Elizabeth Price said...

So, you say you had to edit the video. Did you delete some great lines that may have been said earlier in the week to a bad driver?

By the way, those ladies of rock are gojus!

Jaime said...

I'm SO sending Ambree to you! You need to teach her the ways of enjoying those awesome coasters! We got her on Big Thunder in Sept. when we were there, and Joe also tricked her onto the Matterhorn, but I fear she will never go on a ride again in her life! This is MY child I am talking about! I wanted so badly to take her on Space Mtn. but I thought it would for sure give her a heart attack!!! Way to go, I only wish my child enjoyed it as much as Addie does.