10 October 2010

My Big Girl


This goes out to my best girl ever. She turned 5 on Wednesday and I can't believe it. Five years ago she made me a mother and my life hasn't been the same since. She is amazing, smart, funny, sweet, loving, feisty, beautiful, and the best big sister ever. I'm so thankful that she is my daughter and a part of my life.

Her favorite things are her new unicorn pillow pet, gymnastics, barbies, computer games, cartoons, macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets, chocolate milk, candy, candy, and more candy. She loves to pick out her own clothes and her brothers clothes as well. She loves being in the bath (sometimes bath time lasts hours), Disneyland, and snuggling with me on the couch.

She can now spell her name, recognize all letters and has an intense desire to read. She loves to sing, make necklaces and bracelets for her friends and cousins, paint her own toenails, get dressed from head to toe in my clothes, and wear my bathrobe when she gets out of the bath.

I write these things mainly so I don't forget the amazing accomplishments she has made in five years time. I love you Adelaide and I hope you had the best birthday ever!

5 comments:

{natalie} said...

happy birthday adelaide! you are so awesome. i hope we can hang out soon

Mim said...

Happy Birthday Addie! Addie is in part, amazing, because she has amazing parents! Ditto that Reggie!!

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

Happy Birthday!! She really is just such a sweet girl!! So glad we were able to spend her bday with all of you! Lana just adores her!

How are our kids already 5? Really?

Mim said...

PS....I love the pic of Reggie sitting on the beach looking at the waves!!!

Wendy McMillan said...

Aww the unicorn pillow pet is better than I imagined! Happy bday Sweetie!