02 November 2010

Birthdays

I am finally getting around to posting about the plethora of birthdays we have in October in our family. This includes Adelaide, my sister Anna, my father, Davey's father, and Davey. If you count nieces and nephews, cousins, etc..... you get many, many more.

Adelaide was spoiled and spent her birthday at Sea World. On our way home from California we dropped Anna off a gift of Trader Joe's goodies for her special day. We treated my dad to dinner at Ruby River on his birthday. We had a joint birthday party for Addie and Davey on the 23rd where we presented Davey's dad with his gift. We decided form now on that the kids are going to pick what they want to give their grandfathers for their birthday. Adelaide chose fingernail clippers. Yes, I said it, fingernail clippers. It was very exciting to see the reaction on her grandpas' faces when they opened their gifts:)

I went very domestic this year and made birthday cakes from scratch (this is a big deal for me, ok!)

All Adelaide wanted in the entire world was a unicorn cake with purple frosting. I think it turned out pretty great and she loved it which was all that mattered.

Davey's request was for yellow cake and chocolate frosting. I thought the party hat was a fantastic cake-topper (insert inside joke, hehehe).



Thanks to all of our family members who could make it and thanks for all of the amazing gifts. It was a fantastic day.

P.S. Adelaide gave her daddy fingernail clippers, too:)

4 comments:

{natalie} said...

happy birthday addie and dave. sorry we missed the celebrating!

Wendy McMillan said...

That's what I was going to get Pa for Christmas. Now I have to start all over. Thanks a lot Addie.

Love the cakes. They get eaten so fast but sometimes that's the most memorable part of a celebration if it's something unique like unicorns in purple frosting. As for Davey's cake there really should have been TWO "party hats" on top.

What a busy month! Now breathe and get ready for Christmas.

Jackie said...

You did a great job on the cakes! They look terrific! Happy birthday to everyone!

Jacob I. McMillan said...

So THAT's what a party hat is.