25 April 2011

A What?!

I had noticed, the last few trips to gymnastics, that Adelaide has started to pay more attention the male counterparts in her class. She seemed to be seeking out their attention. Standing close to them. Batting her eyes. Smiling too big. Flirting? And so after this next conversation, Addie will be pulled from gymnastics at the end of the semester . . . and locked away in a tower. All of a sudden the kings that did that to their daughters don't seem so bad to me . . ..


Tell me what you want.
Dad, I just want a boyfriend all by myself.
Why do you want a boyfriend?
Because I want one.
What do you do with a boyfriend?
I just want him to be handsome and kind to me.
And then what will you guys do together?
Whatever I want.
What does that mean? What are you guys gonna do with a boyfriend?
Just say, "You're handsome and I want you to marry me."
You want to get married?
Yes.
Oh. Where do you want to get married?
At the temple.
Oh. You're very sweet. I love you and I hope you find a boyfriend.
OK.

**sigh**

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Gosh Davey - better get that kid a boyfriend - look at all the great reasons for it. :)

mim said...

Oh please not yet, not yet! She is wonderful, any boyfriend she ever has will be the luckiest boyfriend ever!!!

{natalie} said...

Oh boy. Add is obsessed with kissing and people kissing. Maybe they can share a tower.

{natalie} said...

Oh wait I think I just made it seem like they are lezzies.

Cari said...

Well, at least she knows what she wants! She's so cute.

Jacob I. McMillan said...

This is what happens when you let your girls watch movies like "Tangled".