02 May 2011

Celebration Weekend

We had a few special visitors this week, Wendy, Jacob, and Holden graced us with their presence from the beautiful state of Hawaii. They were able to stay with us for a whole week which was awesome, especially for Holden and Reggie who are only a month a part. They were hilarious together and I'm a little sad that they won't be able to grow up with each other.


Next, we celebrated Reggie's birthday. He turned one on the 26th, which I can't even believe. He is the funniest little boy and I love him so much. I'm so excited that he was finally able to make it to our family because I can't imagine life without him.


I had a lot of fun making his cake so I thought I would post a picture of it. It turned out really cute and it tasted even better. I discovered my new favorite icing in the whole world, marshmallow cream. It's to die for.


This picture speaks for itself. Ma Idaho really wanted to give both boys a bath in the sink at the same time. We all thought it was a hilarious idea, except for Reggie. He wanted no part of it (as you can see) and screamed the whole 2 minutes he was in there. Needless to say, we won't be trying that again.


And then there was graduation. I finally did it! (minus the two classes I have to take this summer). Utah Valley University class of 2011, I can't believe it. I have been working for this for so long, and it's finally here. Another thing that was awesome about it, I was able to graduate along side my aunt Marti (my dad's sister). We were both in Behavioral Science and were able to walk together. It was pretty rad.

My buff family who supported me through it all. We're almost done with every spare moment of my life being devoted to homework!


Last but not least, a video of Reggie attempting his first cupcake ever. I've never seen a boy so sad on his birthday. I think we may have been singing a little too loud for him:)

 

9 comments:

{natalie} said...

Congrats on graduation! I'm so happy for you. You look so happy in the pics.

M Occasionally B said...

Congrats Meg! What and accomplishment. You have every right to be so proud of yourself. Also I can't beleive Reggie is already one! He is still such a little cutie!

Chris Grover said...

WOW, congrats, Megan!! That is soooo awesome! And I can't believe the last/first/only time I saw Reggie when he was just a brand new little guy and now he is ONE! that is just crazy! what a special time you guys are having! love the cake, btw! that is adorable!

Jackie said...

CONGRATS MEGAN! And I can't believe your baby boy is one!

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

You guys had to get so fancy with the singing at the end lol He liked eating it at the end though! Love the cake Megan!! So stinkin cute! You look SO AWESOME in your grad pics...looking good girl!!

Wendy McMillan said...

Thanks for opening your new house to us. We felt so welcome and it was great to be there for these family events. You looked hot in your cap and gown btw. Don't worry, we'll try to get those boys together as much as we can.

Jacob I. McMillan said...

Reggie just needs some time to adapt to being in water. He screamed the whole time at the pool too. Holden has an unfair advantage, as he is amphibious.

And you guys are the best ever for sharing your life with us for a week. We should do that more.

Laura Ek said...

Yay for graduating! Happy Birthday Reggie . . And that cake was super cute!

Cari said...

Congratulations, Megan! Good for you! I can't believe Reggie's one. How is that possible? Miss you guys.