07 August 2007

Cheese Steak Anyone?

Tonight I will try to post our Phillie portion of the trip.
Hold on ladies and gents, a much is a comin'!

We are finally home from our trip to the east. It was an awesome trip.
We are happy to be home but we hated to leave.

We arrived in NYC two Saturdays ago. We didn't get to see much because Delta
put one of our bags on a later flight, which meant waiting at the airport until it arrived.

BUT...... these are the sights we saw as we drove from JFK to West Chester, PA.

Brooklyn Bridge + antenna


Statue at Central Park
(I have no idea who he is)

Times Square
(holy crap, hugiciousness)

Washington Bridge

Our arrival was quite late at Jef and Rob's house, so a quick goodnight was said
and then off to bed. (I rhymed on purpose)

The next morning we were off to Philadelphia for some authentic cheese steaks with fries............


from Steve's Prince of Steaks. (The most highly recommended)

Utah can't even compare! Close but not even a cigar.
By far the most delicious cheese steak I've ever had.
I said authentic didn't I!?

Then, the most highly anticipated event of the day...........


Is it? No, it couldn't be........Davey?

To the Philadelphia Art Museum we went!
(look for Davey's videos coming soon to a blog near you)
We didn't have time to go in, but I would love to some day. So we checked out some of the fun surroundings instead.


George Washington and his horse, rears included.




Puddle jumpin'


We concluded our day in Phillie with a trip to see the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall.




Jef, Robyn, and the kiddles


Last, but certainly not least, Franklin Ice Cream parlor.
So completely delicious and old fashioned. They still make everything by hand, milkshakes and all. I had the yummiest root beer float and lime rickey ever. Davey sticks to what he likes best, the chocolate shake.

Why is everything old fashioned so much better?

Can it be? Is Jef sleeping standing up? No!

To be continued.................
(remember to stay tuned for Davey's videos)

11 comments:

Mumsy said...

If I'm not mistaken, that's the statue of Christopher Columbus. But I could be wrong.

Have a great time on the East Coast!

{Erica} said...

Looks like you had some fun! I'm totally digg'n your shoes that you were wearing with your yellow shirt and green capris....where'd you get them?

Chris Grover said...

Did you bring the cheese steak home to share?! Man, that place looks gorgemous! I've been excited to see posts from your trip, so post away!! And welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Meg your home!!! It looks like you had a wonderful time. I take it though, that you missed the Philly game. Big bummer. Call you soon.


Love Mim

Megan said...

erica.......
I found those lovelies at JC Penny on sale for 13 bucks! They are sketchers and oh so cool.

{natalie} said...

oh my goodness...i'm so excited to go home. i wish we had been on vacation with you! i've been waiting 2 weeks for these pics. i'm glad you loved philly.

Ashley said...

welcome back! Looks like you guys had so much fun! I love vacations, aren't they the best! Glad you had fun!

*ethan* said...

i love philly!! we'll see it on sunday! glad you guys had a good time

amy said...

What great pictures!Looks like you had a great time. Missed you at card club tonight!

Cari said...

I'll just say it...I'm so jealous! I'm so glad you had a great vacation. Looks like tons of fun!


P.S. Is Davey's mohawk a vacation thing or is he keeping it? Just wondering...

Jef Saunders said...

Sounds like you had a sweet Tour Guide!