27 August 2007

Do We Have To Go Back To Utah?

This is the question I've been asking myself since last night at about nine o'clock.
That is when we began our drive home from the magical place everyone calls California.
I call it paradise, the place I want to be, gorgeous, beachy, fun, etc..... I can go on and on.

Our lovely friends Brandon and Meghan invited us to stay at their most beautiful place in Three Arch Bay. It's a fabulous, little gated community in Laguna Beach.


This is the view from their front window. Yes, that's the ocean just past the big tree.

We were able to drive this golf cart about a block down to the beach.

Adelaide LOVES the sand.


Davey was loving the ocean and totally in his element.

I thought this was a cool picture with the sailboat.


Davey built this sand castle/protection from the ocean. Adelaide helped.


Adelaide and I just played in the sand, she wasn't too fond of the loud, crashing waves.


We ate at Ruby's Diner, which was so yummy, and Johnny Rocket's. Can you get more touristy than that?


We went to the Angel's game on Saturday, they lost to the Bluejays, but it was a fun game.
Adelaide's MLB fan debut. She loves the wieners!

The awesome Brandon and Meghan at the Saunders family favorite, the Maya Inn.




We ended our trip with a stop at the Aquarium Of The Pacific in Long Beach. Adelaide loves fish, I think they're her favorite animal. Ask her to make a fish face, it's hilarious.

We had a great time and we will be back. Oh yes, we will be back.

8 comments:

Jef Saunders said...

Did you order the Ruby Dooby Double Cheeseburger? That's my personal favorite. Not because it tastes good, but because ordering it is so embarrassing. I defy anybody to order it with a straight face...it can't be done. Maybe Adam Franks could do it. I once witnessed him order a "Moons Over My Hammy" at Denny's with a straight face, and then CA just about killed him on the spot, accusing him of ordering that specifically just to make him furious.

Brandon and Meghan said...

That's what I'm talking about, the I'll be back part are words to my ears.
My mission which I chose to accept, is to bring back all the Saunders to Cali.. I know it will be hard, but there nothing like a challenge.
Were glad you had fun and I will update my site soon..

*ethan* said...

looks like a blast!!

Cari said...

Okay, I'm offically jealous. I can't wait to go back to California.

My dad used to take me and my brother to Angel games almost every week. We sat in the general admission seats (aka nosebleed seats) but it was a blast! We'd always have hot dogs with mustard, relish, and onions every time. My brother would always bring his glove because "you never know" when a foul ball would come his way. My dad taught me how to keep score (the official way) and I'd record every game. I used to know all the players but not anymore. Good memories! Thanks for reminding me!

Glad you had a great time!

Hey Jude! said...

I love Ruby's Diner!

{natalie} said...

we went to johnny rockets on our vacation too. i knew we were friends for a reason! i'm so glad you are back

Chris Grover said...

Ahhh, the beach, the sand in special places, the perfect weather, etc, etc, etc! I am heading to a friend's wedding in October at Laguna Beach...I can't wait! These pictures are making me want to go RIGHT now! Looks like you guys all had a fantasmic time!

amy said...

Look at all the fun little vacations you are going on this summer. So I am jealous that you went to Laguna Beach...ever since the show came on MTV I have wanted to go :)