20 December 2007

I Can't Sew


These are the two projects I finished today.
The one on the right (an apron) took me way too long to finish.
It is horrible. I can't even sew a straight line.
It doesn't look that bad from the picture,
but you should see it up close and personal. Ugh!

I'm most proud of the one on the left.
What is it you ask?
Rags.
I was thinking about curling Adelaide's hair today
and the thought frightened me.
Two reasons:
One, I don't know if she would sit that long.
Two, what if I burned her beautiful neck or face!
No way, no curling iron yet.
Then I remembered my mom putting rags in our hair
when we were little.
We would sleep on them, wake up, and ta-da!
So I think I'll give it a try this week and see how it works.

4 comments:

{natalie} said...

i bet your apron is great! i like the fabric. i want to see how the rags turn out

Smith Life said...

I think the apron looks fantastic! My mom us to put rollers in my hair all night. I think rags would be a whole lot more comfortable. good luck!

Cari said...

Cute apron! I'm sure it's beautiful in real life!

amy said...

I like your apron. It's tons better than anything I could ever do!