19 August 2010

Dog Days of Summer

With Reggie being around, this summer has been a little different from previous summers. Tennis, skateboarding, and biking have taken a seat on the bench for now in exchange for more mellow activities. And with the Dodgers running the other direction from post-season baseball, and football not starting for another month, I've needed a distraction.

Adelaide has introduced me to all of her games she finds and plays on Miniclip on the computer. My biggest accomplishment is passing the 60th Phase on Level 3 of Zoikz.


I even get a lot of support from our occasional late-night Halo tourneys at our house. Even better than winning is watching the looks on all our friends' faces when Megan turns out to be one of the best players. Nothing tops a husband/wife team in a futuristic setting of violence and mayhem.But the weirdest trend so far is my summer reading. My brother Rick got me started with "Lone Survivor" and Randy followed that with "The Electric Church" (not pictured). And Megan has finally got me to read the first two Hunger Games books in the last two weeks. And now I find myself waiting for the third. I'll say they are good (definitely more mellow than my brothers' books - believe it or not), but even better than that, I have found new motivation to read, being so discouraged by all the Harry Potter and Twilight hype (sorry).

Happy Dog Days of Summer.
Sorry to those who thought this was going to be a post about Captain America.

6 comments:

Jacob I. McMillan said...

Seriously, no Captain? Biggest letdown of the summer.

Randy had me read The Electric Church awhile back. It was OK. Hunger Games 3 is supposed to come out soon, right? I haven't read those books yet, but everyone loves them.

Does Megan read the "Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" trilogy?

Jackie said...

My favorite part of this whole post... "there's something wrong with brother..." and Davey just keeps winning his game. ;)

Anonymous said...

Those two children are soooo cute. Whose the lucky Grandma? Ma Idaho

{natalie} said...

I am enjoying the hunger games so far.

Can we pleaseget together when we get back? We need to play some homerun derby.

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

Love the picture of the kids! Adorable! Thats a lot of reading.... good...now if I some how could .....or want to get back into reading :)
ps we will be in Utah next month-expect a visit :)

Mim said...

Love you Addie and Reggie. And your mom and dad too!