30 August 2010

Musubi

I didn't know what spam musubi was until one glorious Sunday afternoon, my brother-in-law Jake brought some over. I've been hooked ever since. The sad part is that Wendy, Jake, and Holden decided it was time to move to Hawaii. Not sad for them I'm sure, but sad for us, but not only because of no more musubi, because of no more them.

Anyway... I was determined to learn how to make it on my own so I rounded up the supplies and dove in. I found a nice little tutorial on you tube which made it extremely easy and they have all of the ingredients (except the Spam) at Chao's on University Avenue in Provo.

I'm not a lover of Spam, but I am a lover of Spam musubi. All it takes is a little nori, rice, spam, furikake, and some soy sauce. I ordered a musubi form online for 3 bucks and I was set. This picture is from my first go at it and I think they turned out pretty good (not as good as Jake's of course) but good still the same. I'm sure I'll get better with practice:)

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Hey I just got lots of spam from my grandma... want it? :)

Jacob I. McMillan said...

Nice! Did you have to go to Many Lands and deal with the weird guy there to pick up the nori/furi kake? That's what we used to do.

Wendy McMillan said...

It looks delicious! If it makes you feel better, Jake hasn't made any since we've been here. I got spoiled in Utah when he made it every week. Anyway, good job!

Mim said...

Serious Spam? I love spam. We just had some the other day.

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

Well looking at the pic from afar it looked like maybe some chocolate cake with some cream filling lol

Can you tell i am on a diet or what?

Anyway, that seems like something Brian would totally eat! Me on the other hand... I just started to like SOME sushi(wrapped in soy) .....but I am coming around though :)