23 August 2010

Weekend of Weekends

This last weekend was crazy. But it was crazy fun. This summer has been crazy, really. But it has been crazy fun. My BFF Tamsen is getting married in a couple of weeks so this was our weekend to celebrate. Friday night Tams, Mel, and I went up to Park City and played until 2 in the morning. We shopped at the outlets, ate at Wasatch Brewery, and went club hopping on Main Street.

I haven't been dancing for years so it was totally awesome. Although, I did discover that Harry O's isn't the cool place for 20 somethings that it used to be. It's now the cool place for 30 + somethings which is kind of scary. What's really scary is that I now fit in to that category.

When I got home around 3 in the a.m., this is what I discovered. Davey was still awake with four other people at our house playing Halo. I thought he would be tucked in bed trying to catch up on sleep, but no, Halo prevailed.

Then Saturday morning I had to wake up at 7, get ready, and drive to West Weber for Tamsen's bridal shower. I have no pictures, but it was fun as well. It's been great re-connecting with her family and girls I haven't seen in ages.

Then, that night I drove to Salt Lake with my sister Jessie to the Something Corporate concert. It was awesome but I was exhausted. Even the pineapple-red bull concoction I drank at the show couldn't keep me awake enough.

When I arrived home on both Friday and Saturday nights, this was the scene in my bedroom. Adelaide and Reggie had taken over our king size bed. Adelaide had to sleep in it because she is precious and she missed me. Reggie just sleeps in our bed always because we're too lazy to set up the crib. I ended up sleeping on the foot of the bed and Davey brought in Addie's mattress from her room and slept by us on the floor.

It's been a fun-filled crazy summer and it is almost over. School starts for me again on Wednesday and I will be trying to figure out how to balance 2 kiddos, husband, family time, homework, and anything extra-curricular.

Sweet!

6 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm so jealous you got to see something corporate... I think you need to tell me the next time they're here, and I'll have to get me some tickets!! haha

Looks like you have been having a great summer!

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

Wow that sounds like a heck of a time!! I dont know how you did all that ... I would of been dead tired! Davey,Brian still loves Halo too but has no one to play with.... I guess i cant complain about that :)
The kids are so cute sleeping like that...what nice parents you are to not move them to get the bed to yourselves lol I cant say that I would of slept on the foot of the bed or the floor.

{natalie} said...

sounds like a great weekend though it kind of makes me tired to think about it. haha.

i love how you slept at the foot of the bed, i had to do that on saturday night also, at my dad's house. the kids were passed out!

Chris Grover said...

fun, fun, fun! but can i ask how you have so much energy to do such fun things with a brand new baby?! i feel like i don't leave the house for a good 3 months! love the sleeping kiddies picture! precious!

Wendy McMillan said...

How I miss playing Halo in the middle of the night. Especially now that you have a TV to person ratio of one to one. The last picture is the best!

Anonymous said...

Looks as if every night is a sleep over. Your lucky kids. Ma Idaho