06 August 2011

Ode to a Dog

It's kind of a sad afternoon around here.
Our dear Captain America has gone to live somewhere else.
No... he is not dead, but some people came to get him today who will hopefully love and care for him and give him more attention than we could give.
He was ours for seven and a half years and he was Addie's best friend.
I'm trying to figure out how you can love and hate a dog so much. He drove me absolutely crazy and I constantly thought about how nice it would be to not have to deal with him wrecking my garden and eating my tomatoes or slobbering all over my clothes and getting hair all over the place. 
But then I thought about how sweet he is, how fun it was to take him to the river, how secure I felt having him around, and how Addie loved the crap out of him.


I really just want them to take care of him and I hope that they will treat him well and that he will be happy. Good luck Captain, you will be missed.

5 comments:

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

Bummer week!!!

Jacob I. McMillan said...

Godspeed, Captain America. You were indeed the First Avenger, in our hearts.

Wendy McMillan said...

I don't have any words for you people right now.

Mim said...

I actually have tears in my eyes. I really hope as you do that they will love him. He was a really great dog. Jake loved him too. How is little Addie doing?

ma idaho said...

I didn't know how much I loved him until I saw his picture. Goodbyes suck!