17 October 2007

A New Day

I hope this post doesn't seem too impersonal to many of you. I felt this would be the easiest way for us to convey it to everyone. The few phone calls we've made today have been too hard and probably the worst part of it all.
We will not be having a baby this May.
There was no heartbeat at the doctor's office so they decided to do an ultrasound.
I will be ten weeks on Friday, but the ultrasound revealed only a yolk sac
which is where I would be at around 6 weeks.
Unless my body takes care of things otherwise, we will wait one week and do another ultrasound to make sure there are no changes. Our Doctor is being extra careful before making any rash decisions at this time.
So, it seems that the baby stopped growing for some reason or another, around 4 weeks ago.
We want everyone to know that we are doing well and we know that these things happen for a reason. We might not know it right now, we might never know, but that's ok.
We know there is time and room for more children in our future.
Thanks for everyone's excitement and support, there will be another time!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guys, i don't know what to say...hang in there? I think about you guys all the time. You are my friggin' heroes.

Ashley said...

Hey guys,
I'm so sorry. It seems like there is nothing right to say, just know that we are praying for you. Please let us know if there is anyway we can help... even if it's just taking Addie for a couple hours so you two can have some down time. We'd love to help in anyway. Hang in there...

Cari said...

Oh, I am so sorry!!! I know how hard this is! The same thing happened to me between Elisabeth and Jake so I know how devastating this is. Just know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Let me know if I can do anything. Things will get better. Love you guys!

Rachel and Kelly said...

Oh I'm so sorry guys. I know you will get through it you have great family and great friends. Let us know if we can do anything.

Smith Life said...

I am so sorry. I know exactly what you are going through. I was on vacation in NY when i found out that my 6 week old baby was no longer. It was hard at first but once I told myself that he/she was with our Heavenly Father, I was ok. You are right, there is a reason for everything. Even though it is hard to understand at times, there is a larger plan. ( i am such a nerd i am crying right now ) I feel your pain and dream still about my child I wasn't able to raise on this earth. I see their face and every dream is of us holding eachother tight and me not wanting to let go. I love you guys and wish you the best.

Cameron Family said...

I am so sorry to hear that! Please let me know if you need anything!

Chris Grover said...

Hey you guys, we are so sorry that you are going through this right now. We can't imagine the emotions you must be feeling, but we know a bit about the disappointment and it's hard. Just know that you have TONS of love and support and prayers and we hope you feel that. We are just a phone call away if you need anything at all and we mean that. May the Lord bless you and help you find peace and comfort, as only He can.

Lyle said...

I'd buy you the biggest tub of Cold Stone if I could. It's definitely not an easy thing to endure.

{natalie} said...

i'm so sad for you guys. let us watch Adelaide when you need a break. love, nat

Kalli Ko said...

stepped over from cjane

I feel you here. This very same thing happened to me in July and it's awful.

Sending good thoughts your way.