16 January 2008

Project X (remember that movie?)

January has been a busy month of projects for me. I find it makes staying inside on bad days not so bad. It keeps us busy and helps pass the time. Throw in a batch of chocolate chip cookies and a showing of any of the first three Superman movies and I would be happy forever.

It started with the After-Christmas cleaning. I didn't want to just throw everything in the garage. So I bought some new storage bins and did a lot of packing/unpacking, stacking and smacking to get everything into its new home. Its still a work in progress because I can only stay out there in the 20 degree garage for so long.


Then there was a light in our kitchen. It was one of those gross three foot long bar lights you see in old churches and schools. I'm not sure why our builder put it in. They must have had some extra from their last church. Anyway, its reign of disgustingness was over. I tore it out. Patched the holes. Painted the patches. Made a new hole. And inserted a new light. And while I had the patching stuff out, I repaired a hole I had punched in the wall with one of those kiddy gates. You can't see any of the patches in this photo because I am so good.


Almost four years ago I cut a doggy door into the door between the garage and the house. When Captain decided to start shedding we put him outside and for the last three years the afore mentioned cold garage air has been seeping into our home through the uninsulated doggy door. I told Captain to fix it, but he just stared at me. So I went to Home Depot and got me a new door. The pre-cut slots for hinges didn't line up so I had to do some handy dandy saw work and BAM! New door. No leaks. Needs paint.


Then Adelaide and I put our heads together to take on our electronic adventure. We built a new TV.


And by 'built' I mean I went and bought it and set it where it goes.


Next stop. Superbowl XLII ('42' for those who can't do roman numerals and 'football' for those who hate sports).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mr. Hammer, if you ever get too bored this January, I've got plenty of projects that my handy man doesn't seem to ever have time to do or you could just build us a new t.v. Just a thought...you know, if you're bored. :)

Anonymous said...

you have certainly been busy. thanks for watching kade and add for us! the tv looks awesome. and my ocd loves the garage too!

Anonymous said...

Dude, you accomplish more in a month than i do in a YEAR. And thanks for the translation at the end...i got the roman numerals, but not the other part.

C. Jane Kendrick said...

Oh you better believe that I am sending this post to Chup post haste. He needs a swift kick in the beeehind.

Anonymous said...

Thanks alot Jack-head. Now I have to get all "that" on my garage.

Pshhh.

*ethan* said...

did you do that yesterday while watching my kids?

Lyle said...

Are you for hire?

Anonymous said...

You are just the inspiration I needed to get me moving forward with my January goals. Your home looks even more beautiful.