01 January 2008

I Am Sick

Not literally sick, but sick because it's 2008. I believe I have New Year paranoia. I dread the New Year more than I dread my birthday. Mostly because I have decided to embrace and love my birthday. I have not done the same for New Year's Day. 2008 does not mean resolutions for me. I have vowed not to make resolutions in the new year, but throughout, when they are needed. It means 28 years old, 10 year high school reunion, another January, 5 year wedding
anniversary, Davey turns 30, Addie turns 3, and taxes again. Did I mention another January? Oh man, the hardest month for me to get through by far. Wish me luck!



In the meantime we had a fun dinner with Anna and Steve last night at Market Street Grill which is fabulous! I wish I had pictures.
Then we came home and celebrated the rest of the night with Kip and Whit. Bless their hearts, they watched Adelaide while we went to dinner, so I came home and made them chocolate fondue, an array of delicious mocktails, and played games until the wee hours of the morning.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


3 comments:

{Erica} said...

What a good idea about making goals throughout the year....i'll have to do that this year!

market street grill rocks and if you liked their food try their breakfasts...ummm...yum!! We always would go there before going to the temple one saturday a month...so dang good!

thanks for the reminder about the taxes and the ever hovering day when i turn 27 this year...yikes...seriously this is the hardest time I've had coping with turning a wee bit older...sad!

Lyle said...

January can be as awkward as puberty. It takes time to get into the grove of the new year.

{natalie} said...

sorry you don't like january very much. i was not excited to get back and take down all the christmas stuff. i hope january is ok and let's hang out!