11 May 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

This has been my favorite Mother's Day yet. It was just a good weekend. Everything was good, simple as that.

We went to the zoo on Saturday with my mom and Jake, Anna, Steve, and Sophie, Steve's parents, and his sister Stacey.

It was the first time Adelaide would sit on that dang elephants trunk. I was so proud.


The next picture may be unbelievable, however, I say that you must believe it.

Yesterday, Davey left in the morning to get my Mother's Day present from Kip's house. When he came back he was holding a wooden bat. At first I thought, 'well that's cool I guess, we like baseball. Maybe he found me a really buff bat.' Then he handed it to me. It says, 'To May...Reggie Jackson.' WHATEVER! There was no way!

For those who know, I am an A's fan (no matter how crappy they are, I don't ride on wagons). Reggie ended his career with the Yankees but, I can forgive him because he was the buffest A ever (well, one of them). He gave them more time than he ever gave those freakin' Yanks. Anyway, Davey was informed by a friend a few weeks ago that Reggie was gong to be in town. Davey buckled Adelaide in and they were off to Salt Lake. The bat is a fruit of his loving labors.

Thanks babe, the bat rocks!

Then, I have to say that I have the sweetest three year old daughter. She picked out an adorable Winnie the Pooh card and colored in it for me. She even took Davey shopping in antique stores and bought me this pretty ballerina. She picked it out all by herself.

I am so thankful for her and thankful that she is the reason I get to celebrate Mother's day.
She truly is my miracle and I am so grateful she came to our family.
I love you Adelaide!

6 comments:

Mim said...

Awesomely Cool! You and the bat!!!

Ashley said...

Ryley would have nothing with the elephants trunk at the zoo a couple weeks ago... totally freaked her out. So glad you had a great mothers day. You deserve it. Love the bat... very cool!

M Occasionally B said...

sounds like it was a perfect Mother's day weekend! I'm loving Adelaide's face on the elephant trunk!

{natalie} said...

happy mother's day! i'm glad you had a great time. i love the zoo. adelaide looks so cute

Anonymous said...

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE!
it's STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE, check out our blog. funkyfunkfamily.blogspot.com by the way, WOW on the bat!

Chris Grover said...

very thoughtful gifts -- good job to your fam! but then again, you are so deserving of all of it! glad it was a great day for you! oh the elephant at the zoo -- it still creeps kaiya out, but hoping she'll get over it!