26 May 2009

A Memorial Weekend

We spent a nice Memorial Day weekend in Idaho Falls. We did a lot of hanging out so Adelaide could play with her cousins. We also played a game of tennis and got in a bike ride as well.

We did spend a day at Yellowstone. We love Yellowstone. It has some of the most diverse, beautiful landscape I've ever seen.

We attempted to keep the kids together with this totally awesome rope. It lasted about two minutes.

Upper Falls.

This bison (buffalo, whatever) was right behind Davey. This picture does not do it justice.

Old Faithful. It was raining so we ate some dinner and watched from inside the lodge.

On our way home we took flowers to my grandpa and great grandparents graves in North Ogden. I wish Adelaide could have known my great grandparents. I also wish she would have had more time with my grandpa. They were wonderful people and I miss them dearly.


I hope everyone had a marvelous weekend. Ours was nice, indeed.

3 comments:

{natalie} said...

i am glad you are back. it looks like a nice, easy weekend. i love those kinds of weekends. we need to go on a bike ride soon.

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

Love the scenery too! And that Buffalo is sweet ! Addi is such a cutie I love her smile! Glad you had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I was in Yellowstone for memorial day weekend. Loved it saw tons of buffalo, lots of elk and one black bear. Would have been fun to see you there also.