13 July 2009

Saturday


Adelaide and I went to the farmer's market on Saturday. I have to say that I've been a little disappointed in it this year. There's hardly any produce but there is no shortage of baby bows and necklaces.
Also, I want to buy local but they charge so much money for their little packages of raspberries and cherries. You would think it would be cheaper, but it's not. The waffles and sweet tea are about the only redeeming qualities.

Thank goodness, to spare me from my annoyance, there was a VW car show going on in the park. There was a bunch of cool restored cars, this one was my favorite. The inside was done in black and red vinyl to match the outside. It was super-rad.

What happened to the farmers at the farmer's market?

4 comments:

Cari said...

I know what you mean. I've gone twice and I'm wondering what the big hoopla was all about . It's more of a whimpy swap meet than a farmers market.

{natalie} said...

I thought the car show was cool. i loved the bus that was red and off white.

i wish there were more farmers too. the honey guy i like was there on saturday, so i was happy.

i want them to ditch the crappy tables w/bouncy balls on them.

maybe you should sell some of your veggies when they come up.

Sarah Blackhurst said...

Hit up Allred Orchards in August-December with Fresh Peaches and Apples. (I'm at work EVERY Saturday!)

{Erica} said...

My husband would've been in HEAVEN at the VW car show. His favorite car is a VW bus...they are growing on me.