25 August 2009

A Girl's Day Out


There happens to be a little Restaurant that I love. This little restaurant is called Rainbow Gardens and it's up Ogden Canyon. I've been going to this little bit of heaven since I was a little girl. I spent my elementary school years living in North Ogden and there's still so much I love about it. I loved it so much that I went to Weber State after graduating high school. It's too bad that I didn't love the school part as much as the people and yummy restaurants. I would have been done by now. Anyway...


I called my mom and grandma a week or so ago to request a lunch date at the aforementioned restaurant. My grandma rounded up a couple of my lovely aunts and we had a date. It was so nice to hang out with these ladies on a day that wasn't a have-to-get-together holiday. I love seeing them on Christmas and all but it is nice to eat, talk, and enjoy each others company on a regular day. Like today. The food is great and man... they make one killer Mormon muffin.
They also have a huge gift gallery where we spent a couple of hours perusing the merchandise. They have everything I tell you, everything.


We finished the day off with a tasty ice cream cone from Farr's on 21st street. A place I remember from my youth as well. I have to say that their Chocolate Peanut Butter is top-notch. Baskin Robbins eat your heart out, they have way more than 31 flavors!

It was a gorgeous day with awesome family. I love you guys!

5 comments:

Mim said...

Love you too Meg!! It was a fantastic, fun day!!! Mim

Ashley said...

Looks so fun! Don't you love time with family, it's the best. I've missed walking this week and I'm going to miss it tomorrow again :(. Are you up for going on Friday?

{natalie} said...

chocolate pb is my absolute fav. yum.

i alway love time spent with family.

ps did i comment on the scooter? i love it.

Jackie said...

Megan, how do I comment on your other blog? Anywho, where is the buy low market that you went to in your other blog? It looks awesome!! And I love the berry picking! So fun!

Chris Grover said...

now, farr's i DO know very well (maybe a bit too well), but i've never been to the rainbow gardens. if you ever get the craving again, call me and i'll go with you! i was going to drop by the other day while down in provo, but kaiya fell asleep and we just didn't get over there :( next time we are down there, i want to come by and say hi! i did see addie and she has changed soooo much! she is so adorable!!