07 September 2009

Labor Day Weekend

We went to Swiss Days in Midway on Saturday. I remember going when I was a kid and I must say, it is nothing like I remember it. It has been like 20 something years but hey, come on. We had a good time though. I had my first knockwurst sandwich which wasn't too shabby. I'm not really a fan of the sauerkraut they put on it. I've tried it many times but I just don't dig it.


Davey made us pose with this guy. He was running the booth that had all of the sheep boots, hats, and slippers. He was weirded out that Davey asked him to pose with us. We were weirded out that we had to pose with him. Weird. He does look a bit authentic though doesn't he?



Today we went to the good old Payson Onion Days parade.
I love Payson, I love Onion Days, I love the parade too. Adelaide also loves the parade, except for when the firetrucks blast their sirens and horns as they pass by.


Her grandpa gave her some tickets to ride on some of the carnival rides. She loves the rides. I love this picture of her and my dad on the merry-go-round, so cute.


I miss living in a small town. It definitely feels different than anywhere else. It's funny when you're younger and you can't wait to get out of the town you grew up in, then as you come back when you're older you realize how nice it was. Good old Payson.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

That picture with the old man at swiss days was about the only authentic thing about swiss days, oh well, it was something to do right?? Looks like you had fun today!

{Erica} said...

Love the old guy at Swiss Days. Great picture!

Living in a small town is the way to go...as long as a bigger town is near by :)

M Occasionally B said...

totally agree about the small town thing. Vernal is the same way for me belive it or not. NEVER thought i'd say that!

Cari said...

I was imagining Davey asking the guy to pose with you and I had to laugh!

Adelaide is such a cutie!

{natalie} said...

i love your faces with the old guy, adelaide looks disgusted. hilarious!!

i miss my small town in nj, and can't find it here in utah. but it would be ideal. oh well. it looks like a fun weekend. we need to get together soon.