09 July 2010

Pictures & Patriots

Did you know Pocatello, Idaho has a water park? Neither did we.
And neither does our camera.
But we did show our camera over 100 other things worthy of picturing.
We showed it fireworks in the driveway, picnic lunches, backyard games, tennis, a parade, and paintball guns.
I also took Megan on the Paul's Dam hike in Humphrey. It was my first time in 15 years. Winds were nuts. Cows were irritable. Elk were wary. Fences were barbed. And the sagebrush was thick. But the views were AMAZING! I was just glad I made it back alive. Megan made it back too.
On our last day we visited Yellowstone's Bear World. In the little magazine they give you there, it says you are 60,000 times more likely to die from a bee sting than a bear attack. Although that may be true, I don't remember the last time a bee flew by and I tucked myself into a ball to cover my vitals and played dead. Silly hippies and their ability to distort statistics.

1 comment:

Mim said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! The little bear is adorable as is Addie and the rest of the crew.