12 July 2007

My job.

I am not usually one to take photos of myself with my own cellular phone, but here is a special treat.

This is what I wear to work.

This is what I look like in my "blue collar" uniform.

This is what I look like in my green hard hat (notice the crane safety sticker).

And THIS is what I look like after being stuck in an elevator for 40 minutes.

THINGS TO DO IN A STUCK ELEVATOR:

Sing a round: We did "Row, row, row your boat"

Call your loved ones and tell them good-bye

Think about how you will survive if the elevator went crashing down

Sing "99 bottles of beer" and see how far you get (we hit bottle 59)

It goes well with May's last post about how good of a day I was already having.


9 comments:

Cari said...

Wow. Not many people can say they've been stuck in an elevator. Glad you're okay.

*ethan* said...

my phone must have been off when you tried to call, while stuck

Chris Grover said...

Davey, I know how you felt...I was stuck in an elevator on my mission for about an hour on my birthday. We were knocking doors in an apartment complex about 6 floors up, looked over the edge and saw some kids stealing my bike tire from where we had locked them up. We ran to the elevator to ATTEMPT to catch them and that's when it broke down. Needless to say, they got away with my bike tire :( On a brighter note however, I did have my birthday letters with me so I opened those and read for an hour until helped arrived. Now you have another thing to add to the list of things to do while in an elevator. I wish I would have thought about a round of row row your boat! Dang! That information could have been usefull a long time ago my friend. :)

Chris Grover said...

I know it's really confusing, but that last comment was Chris. And now this one is Karli. And welcome back to freedom!

{natalie} said...

i'm glad you made it out alive

Anonymous said...

Why does that song by Aerosmith keep popping into my head?

jake roi said...

Green hard hat = superhero attire.

bev said...

anziano saunders!!
it's your old friend from padova! i stumbled across this blog somehow and found you!! come stai?!
sorella bev pecoraro

Anonymous said...

Amazing Bev! You are fabulous! How are you? I see you left the roots of Oregon and Utah. Get your blog up so I can introduce you to my family. Ciao!