11 July 2007

Rude Kids And Accidents

Let's start with the rude kids.
Yesterday, we went here. Like we do many times a week.



Now that I'm a mother, I am able to see into the thoughts of my child and
other children much more than I used to. ESP you know (yep, I have it).

There is a little baby splash pool at Seven Peaks with a fun slide that
Adelaide can go down all by herself. Unfortunately many other kids can go down it by themselves too.

This brings me to one of my new HUGE pet peeves......
kids that sneak in line and parents that don't do anything about it.

Every time we take Adelaide to this slide I have to stand by her to make sure that no little brat sneaks in front of her. This may seem small and petty, but yesterday being our 12th time at the Peaks this summer, it is really starting to get on my nerves.

I know that some little kids don't understand and they are learning too.
I have to keep Addie in line so she doesn't sneak past others as well.
But.....I do just that, keep Addie in line and regulate when she tries to move.

The other moms are sitting around the pool watching their kids.
But that's it, just watching. They don't do anything about it.
I realize that you can't have your eye on them every second, but come on.
We would be there for 20 minutes and not one parent would say
anything to their child.

IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!

Ok, next topic.

ACCIDENTS

Davey had his last softball game of the season last night. We are sad, but there is always next year. We couldn't have asked for more to go wrong.

Let's do this in order.

1.
(no picture)
Adelaide biffs it on the asphalt by the field.
She hits her head (now bruised) and skins her knee.

2.

Ethan drills a ball right into Davey's shoulder trying to throw to first base.
Miraculously, he still made the throw to first base and Davey's shoulder is sore.

3.
Our car gets hit in the parking lot.We have a nice little note on the windshield.
The jerk tells Davey he should have parked better. I think the jerk should have watched where he was going. We were parked just fine.

Just to make it all better, Adelaide discovered the paper shredder this morning.
We had the note on the desk so we could call the jerk to get our car fixed.
I was relaxing on the couch after yoga and Davey was doing trip
preparations at the computer. We hear the shredder begin to shred.
Note from jerk was gone.


10 comments:

{Erica} said...

Totally know what you mean about the kids butting in line and the mom's just basking away in the sun....sooooo infruriating! I thought I was the only one out there who had manners enough to stand by their kid to ensure they were taught proper manners....good to know you're doing the same thing!

Sorry to hear about the night of misfortunes but I couldn't help but grin when I read "note from jerk...gone"....ha! Great ending to your true story :)

Ashley said...

Two words... bad day! I'm so sorry! I so get the 7-peaks thing, that drives me CRAZY! I swear there are way too many parents that don't discipline. The rest of your day, wow... That really sucks. Wish there was something we could do.

BTW, we need to get together soon and do some planning for youth conference. Give us a call and let us know what works. talk soon!

Chris Grover said...

Well, pray that Groundhog Day does not happen to you! What a killer day -- totally not in the good killer kind of way! There's no way anything else could have gone wrong! Maybe next time at the Peaks, take a sign that says NO CUTTING and hold it up while you stand there. If the kids can't read, hopefully their parents can! And maybe if you hang out at the baseball field long enough, you will see Mr. Jerk and can kindly ask him to now pay for your car. Or maybe piece the million paper shreds to get his number. DARN, hope tomorrow is better!

Thomas said...

just when i was beginning to think the saunders had a perfect life...

Cari said...

That totally stinks! Today will be better.

*ethan* said...

i will now respond to all three:

1. i would like to go to 7 peaks with you guys but cant because i fear if i cut in front of you in any line i would get shanked

2. how many time do i have to say sorry for hitting dave! it wasn't like it was an erratic throw

3. bring all of your shredded paper over to my house and i will find the "jerks" note and tape it back together, i have spare time!

Anonymous said...

Meg, Meg, Meg,

I'm very sorry about the rude parents and Davey's shoulder, the car and even the shredded note. But, next time it could be Addy's fingers that are shredded. Put the shredder up my girl!!! XOXOXOX

C. Jane Kendrick said...

ohhhhhh crap.

{natalie} said...

what a day. i am just glad that davey didn't get that ball to the head or privates. ethan is still sorry!

Rachel and Kelly said...

That sucks. Are you going to try and figure out the guys info still. I would suggest taking Ethan up on his offer to tape everything together. He did bean Davey in the shoulder. With Davey's injury I don't know if he should be doing something as tedious as taping together a bunch of pieces of paper. Haha.