26 July 2007

What A Day


This contraption screams bad day doesn't it?
I've been stressed a bit due to the fact that I just returned Saturday from girls camp, and I've been trying to get our things together to travel to Maine.

I decided that Adelaide and I needed a walk this afternoon when she woke up from her nap.
I noticed a stream of wetness coming from the spot where our house and stairs meet the sidewalk.
My dad pointed it out to me yesterday but I thought nothing of it........until today.
We walked out of the garage and I noticed it was still there.
I started to investigate.
On the other side of our stairs in my flower garden, I noticed a bunch of water bubbling up from under the stairs.

GREAT

I called Davey in a panic, so he had me try to turn off the water that feeds the sprinklers.
What did I do?
I broke one of the valves, so the water starts gushing from the sprinkler box.
That makes not only one, but two leaks flowing into our yard.

Davey had to come running from work because I didn't know what to do.
He managed to turn off the stop-waste so at least one of the leaks was brought to a halt.

Next task, shutting off the main water supply.
Luckily we have one of those long turny offy sprinkler thingys so we could stop the water flow from the main pipe. Since shutting off the stop-waste didn't solve the problem,
that means it is the main connection to Provo city.


GREAT

Did I tell you we leave Saturday for the other side of the country!?

Stress-much. Then, husband of the year decides to call our main landscape man Bret.
(If any of you need one, let us know. He is the best.)
We thought he only did landscaping, but low and behold, plumbing is also on his list.
Man of many talents.
Thank you Davey for listening to that little voice in your head telling you to call him.

He comes to the rescue and hooks us up with some water (temporarily), thanks to our lovely neighbors allowing us to connect a hose to their house.
Explaining the lovely contraption above.

He isn't able to fix it until Monday, so this will work until then.
He hooked the hose to the washer connection to feed the whole house.

AMAZING

Tell me this isn't foreshadowing our trip.
TELL ME!

As a community, I am asking you to cross your fingers, pray, say 'break a leg', good luck, everything will be fine.


I need a vacation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too. (Husband of the Year? Really? Well, I'd like to thank the Academy...)

bridgette said...

Leave early, come today! Don't wait until tomorrow. I get so excited just thinking about Monday. Yeah, the whole water thing really stinks. I have an idea, just pack all your stuff and you can move here. I am brilliant.

{Erica} said...

It'll just make your vacation all the better! :) (fingers, toes and any other appendages are crossed for you).

{natalie} said...

that really, really stinks. i hate owning a home sometimes!! i can't believe you are leaving tomorrow...have fun!!!