05 July 2007

The Hot, Hot 4th

Davey, Adelaide, my dad, and I went up to the North Ogden Cherry Days
celebration on this lovely, ridiculously hot, 4th of July.
I used to live there when I was a tyke and it was a tradition to go every year.
It was fun to go back.


We met my great uncle Clarence and great aunt Debbie, had some yummy Greek food, then headed to the park to enjoy the festivities.

After melting away for a few hours, my dad took off to spend
the rest of the night with Clarence and Debbie, while we went
to my uncle Bret and aunt Susan's annual bash.


Davey and Adelaide enjoyed the swimming pool.
Davey had to borrow a hot pair of Bret's shorts to wear
because we weren't prepared.

Jumping on the trampoline.

Hanging out with family and meeting Anna's new guy Steve
(who is fabulously nice).

Then the long awaited fireworks began.
They shoot them off from Weber High and I must say it's a pretty good show.

Ooooooooh

Ahhhhhhhhhh

It was a great day. This is my favorite holiday ever.
I love the patriotism and celebration that it brings, along with
family gatherings and yummy food.
Speaking of yummy food, Bret makes five different flavors of homemade
ice cream which are to die for.
Pralines and Cream was my favorite.
Until next year.......


8 comments:

amy said...

Looks like you had a fun 4th. Those are awesome pictures of the fireworks. Mine sure don't looke that good.

Joey said...

Happy Fourth! Tell Davey I loved the shorts. You ought to try Pralines and cream rootbeer floats.

Anonymous said...

Let me get this straight.... You live in Provo and you go to Ogden for the 4th? Methinks that is a missed opportunity.

Anonymous said...

Its not a missed opportunity. We still see the sites in downtown Provo. But after an 8 minute fireworks show one year and Taylor Hicks the next, Stadium of Fire is just inches away from doing a show using only those snake fireworks.

Chris Grover said...

I think it should become a matter of national pride to set off fireworks every day! I LOVE this holiday! So glad you guys had a GREAT day! And Chris wants to borrow those shorts, by the way!

Cari said...

I love this holiday too! I just wish it wouldn't have been SO stinkin' hot. That swimming pool looked like a great way to cool off. So happy you had a fun day!

{natalie} said...

the 4th is one of my favs too. looks like a fun time was had. let's get together soon.

*ethan* said...

it's good that brett is a 11 year old vietnamese boy so that way him and dave wear the same size shorts