03 March 2008

Better Get Used To These Bars, Kid

Addie has never attempted to climb out of her crib. She kind of likes her crib. She sleeps great through the night; a pattern we have enjoyed since she was two months old. She also does really well at her naps; usually two to three hours.

So what's wrong? Nothing.

So what do we do? We went to The Place (IKEA) on Saturday and picked out a new bed. Its a twin. May stopped at Target (I had to tell her that calling it Tar-SHay is old news) to get some new sheets and a blanket. I put off putting the bed together for as long as I could . . .. SO the next day I woke up and put the bed together.

And she loves it. So does May. Me? No more walking in after she wakes up and see her standing with hands on the rail waiting for her daddy to rescue her. Now its walk in and watch her roll out of bed and ask what I am making her for breakfast. Which is good, I guess. Because, for now, she still can't pour her own juice, toast her own waffle, put on the syrup and pop in a morning movie. And its still worth it when she asks me to sit down next to her so she can lean her still sleepy little head on my shoulder.

And in my mind I hope, don't grow out of everything just yet.


9 comments:

Cari said...

Just so you know, even though it seems like she's growing fast and soon won't need you, it's not true. She will always need you...just for different things.

Ashley said...

see, it's not so bad after all. Glad to see things went smoothly... Good luck in a week or so with those naps once the "newness" of the bed wears off :) (it's been fun in our house!!)

Chris Grover said...

that was such a suh-weet post! seriously! i think every parent can relate to that feeling -- excited for them to explore new things in life, but wanting to hold on to them and not let them grow up too fast! the bed is adorable and she is adorable in it! glad it was such a smooth transition!

Anonymous said...

Davey the next time you look at Meg, know that I feel the same way about her. I'm sure it was just yesterday when..............

*ethan* said...

they get so big so fast.....i told myself i wasn't going to cry

{natalie} said...

sweet new bed...i'm glad she's loving it. you are a good dad dave.

Cameron Family said...

They seriusly grow up so fast! What a big girl she is now!

Jaime said...

How stinkin' precious! It does make you a teensy bit sad when you realize how quickly they are growing!

amy said...

I love that bed! I want to get it for Rylee's room. They do grow up so fast. That was the sweetest post!