09 December 2008

Sugar Cookie Recipe as Requested

No, this is not a secret family recipe. Maybe I should make it that way. These are that good. No secret ingredient but, there are a few tips that make them oh so delicious.

My Mom's Best Sugar Cookie Recipe Ever

1 cup butter (real butter please)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla ( a little extra makes them extra good)
2 3/4 cup flour

Cream butter and sugar together (remember only real butter)
Beat in egg and vanilla
Add flour and baking powder (add flour one cup at a time)
Dough should be stiff but not dry

DO NOT CHILL DOUGH

Roll out 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick on floured surface
Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 6-7 minutes @ 400

DON'T LET COOKIES BROWN

Note: These cookies are for soft, thick sugar cookies. If you like them a little crisp, these are not the cookies for you.

If you are making a buttercream frosting, once again, only use real butter and add a little bit of milk. It makes the frosting very creamy.

Now don't worry about calories and dig in! They are so worth it.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Thank you! Can't wait to try 'em! I LOVE a good sugar cookie recipe!

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

SWEET.....THANKS !! Excited to try them out !!

Rachel and Kelly said...

Oh good. I will have to try theses. I am also really glad you got a little piece of mind from your doctors appointment.

{Erica} said...

THANK YOU!! I can't wait to make these...my mouth was watering when I was reading your instructions.

Cameron Family said...

Thanks for the recipe! I am already excited to try it!

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

oh by the way I am so Happy you got an answer at your app !! Here's for a fresh start and new beginings :)

amy said...

I am planning on making sugar cookies with Ry on Christmas Eve so this will be perfect. Gosh, I haven't seen or talked to you in forever. I hope you are doing well... Time to have a girl's night. Maybe when The Bachelor starts ;)

{natalie} said...

thanks may, i'll be giving these a try. yesterday I tried the peppermint brownies that were on cafe johnsonia. they were pretty good.