29 December 2008

White Christmas

It was definitely a white Christmas in Idaho Falls this year.
We made it there safe and sound on Christmas Eve (thank goodness).
We happened to pick the best travel days of the holiday weekend.

But, before we left for the Falls, we spent Christmas morning with my dad, his girlfriend Jan, her son Jake, Anna and Steve, and little Sophie. We had a delicious breakfast at Mimi's Cafe and opened presents. I decided I love Mimi's breakfast, I haven't eaten there for any other meal I don't think, but, breakfast is delightful.



We arrived in IF just before seven which made us late for dinner.
Though it wasn't too late for cute
santa and reindeer cookies for dessert.


In Davey's family, stockings are full of
breakfast on Christmas morning.
Santa brought us little cereal boxes, donuts, an orange,
and hot chocolate.
(Have I mentioned I'm supposed to watch my carbs? Yikes!)


Does anyone have any room in their house for this?
Ma and Pa Saunders gave her this castle which she absolutely loves.
Now, as I said, does anyone have any room?


We went over to Nanny's (Davey's grandma) house
Christmas afternoon so she could open her present.
Can you see the excitement on her face?
That would be because she gets to go for a ride in a
helicopter in a few weeks.


Davey and Kip built a fort.


Ma and Adelaide made Christmas trees
out of frosting and sugar cones.


Finished product.


We managed to freeze our butts off sledding.
The kids had a great time.


We went to the museum which has an adorable room with
fun things for kids. Can you believe she wanted to ride the horse?
(Those hot red boots are a Christmas present that are
about two sizes two big but, she HAS to wear them now.)


I would have to say this was her other favorite present
(can you tell by her face?)
The Tinkerbell Movie. What else?


We were able to stop by my grandma Liechty's house
on the way home from the Falls to do Christmas with her
and my mom and Jake.
We had a delicious roast dinner with the fam
and opened some fun things.
(Thanks for the ice cream maker grandma!)

Christmas was great and I can't believe it's over!
Where has the year gone?
Time is flying by too fast, can we take it a little slower next year?

7 comments:

Rachel and Kelly said...

Looks like fun. I love the pic of Addie opening her movie. That is so cute.

{natalie} said...

let's plan a tinkerbell watching...add got it too and she seems to like it.

now you can make the nutella icecream and the frozen yogurt w/your icecream maker!! yay.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time! And I'm glad you got there safely! We drove to WA and did get there safely, but took a nice detour through pocatello! We should have gone a bit further and came and visited! :) lol Sorry we couldn't watch Captain! definitely ask us next time!

Sarah said...

I'm glad you had such a fun Christmas! Addie is so funny in her pictures. What a cutie.
I agree with you that we should take is slower next year.

Cameron Family said...

I agree! It does go way to fast! Addie looks so cute in her new red boots!

Cari said...

Adelaide is so darling! Did you see her when the Primary was singing the "Hello" song to her and the new sunbeams? Everytime they sang "Hello" she'd brighten up and wave back! She's so adorable! I'm gonna love my calling even more with her in there now! :)

Chris Grover said...

check out that castle -- NICE! can you believe all that christmas snow?! so glad you guys were safe and had such a great holiday!