05 September 2007

An Accident And A Victory

It's true, both of these in one day. Can a girl ask for any more?


I was sitting at the computer after putting Adelaide down for a nap.
My phone rang and it was Davey on the other line.
"May, I was in a car accident".
We went through the usual conversation.
Are you ok, are you hurt, what happened, how is the car?
He was fine, but the car was not.
A lovely lady was exiting on Center street, Provo,
heading east. For those who don't know, that road merges with Center street that crosses over the freeway coming from the west.
This woman decides it's a smart idea to U-turn after the barrier from the merge, from her lane. She is in the right lane trying to turn around and go west. Davey is coming over the freeway in the left lane. Let me repeat, she is in the right lane!
She attempts the U-turn, not even thinking that someone may be right next to her, amazing.
Davey T-bones her at 35 mph. She was driving a suburban with two kids inside.
Davey was in our little accord on his way to work. Needless to say, the car is totaled.

I will report, Davey did go to the ER for insurance purposes. He is
in good condition. His back is sore and his arm was burned a little from the chemicals in the air bag.
The x-rays show no broken bones.
The lady does have insurance. She didn't even come over to apologize to Davey.
She and the kids are fine. They were able to drive away from the accident.


Now, can I recall my victory from last night? It doesn't seem right at this moment does it?
Well, I have to write about it sometime.
We had a chili cook-off for our YW/YM activity last night.
There were six entries, all of which had delicious qualities.
The missionaries came to taste test and determine the three categories of winners.
I had never made this certain chili recipe before.
Actually, this was only the second time I'd ever made chili.
I told my friend / YW president
I wouldn't win for these reasons.
I won best overall chili.
It was really good.

4 comments:

Chris Grover said...

Oh my gosh, I am sooo sorry to hear about Davey's accident. That is horrible. Thank goodness everyone is ok and thank goodness for insurance. Man, I'm so glad you won the chilli cook-off -- you deserved it for more reasons than one! In the mean-time if you guys need rides anywhere, please let us know!

{natalie} said...

can i have the recipe?? pretty please? oh and want to come watch JT tomorrow night?? i'll call.

so sorry about the car and davey. yikes!!!

Cari said...

What an idiot! (The lady in the Suburban not Davey of course!) So glad no one was hurt!

amy said...

Congrats on winning the chili cook off! And thanks for posting the recipe!