04 September 2007

A Day On The Range

All year, whenever golf is on the television (which isn't very long), we sit and criticize the poorly dressed, not uncommonly overweight, "athletes" that walk around all day performing even less sport-like moves than a baseball player. "How is this a sport," we ask ourselves. Of course, it is rhetorical because we all know its not a sport.


And then it happens. We go hit a bucket of balls at the local driving range. The next time we see a golfer on tv, it turns into, "Wow. How do they hit it so well every time? Did you see that putt? Look at the drive on this ball! How did he put that backspin on it?"


So thanks golfers. For finding an activity that you make look so easy while at the same time making us feel totally lame when we try it ourselves. That's also how I usually feel about artists too. Its not my fault Bob Ross makes me feel so capable of being a masterpiece maker in the world of oils and happy trees.


5 comments:

Chris Grover said...

Hey, we were just there last night! I can't handle watching golf on tv, but I really love to be out hitting balls. Or let's be really honest, I really love driving the cart!

Brandon and Meghan said...

You guys are updating guru's.. I will get on mine shortly.. Were missing you already..

Have a great day,

B

Cari said...

Golf is definately humbling. I love that your brought Addie to the range! So fun!

*ethan* said...

i'll was your mouth out with soap if you ever say that golf is not a sport!! it has a ball and a "goal" !!!!!!!!!!

Kip said...

Son, I would first change your stance when you hit so you don't look like a baseball player.