08 November 2007

Early Christmas To Me

Yesterday was Christmas in November.
I gave Davey a new longboard for his birthday this year. We each had one once upon a time, but some snots came into our garage unbeknown to us, and stole them right from under our noses.
That was a couple of years ago and
Davey has really had the itch to go.
He enjoys having Captain pull him along the
Provo River trail.
Adelaide and I tried to accompany him once,
I pulled her in her wagon.
Well, he took off and we didn't see him until we reached the end of the line.
How boring is that? Adelaide and I should have gone by ourselves. It was pointless for us to even be there together. Mostly because we weren't
really together at all.
Anyway, long story short, I thought about getting another board as well.
Then what about poor Adelaide? What would she do?
We have tried sitting on the board with her while Captain pulls, but she likes to drag her hands on the ground or touch the wheels. Ouch.
It's no longer an option.
Davey came up with an idea so we can have fun and stay together.

Wait for it............













Wait for it...........................














HOORAY! A new bike for me (and Adelaide), set up with child seat and all.

She is going to love it. She has had the opportunity to ride in a bike trailer before, but she couldn't see much. She enjoys checking out her world, so this I think she will love. She is obsessed with bike helmets (now she has one and can wear it), and she can see
what's going on around her.
Now for me, I like that I can get a little extra exercise and keep up with Davey and Captain.
I received this wonderful gift early so I can enjoy the last days of fall before snow falls and ruins my life.

Thanks dear for a fabulous gift.

8 comments:

Cari said...

Yay! Bikes are so fun! Merry early Christmas!

{natalie} said...

i love bike riding. hope you have lots of fun. i would be scared i would tip over w/the seat on the back!

amy said...

How fun! She is going to love it. I think you need to get your riding in before it starts snowing :)

Lyle said...

Ummmm, let's see....about four years ago, my bike was stolen from our back yard when we lived down the street. The punk left in its place an old beat up board.


My boarding days ended in 1989.

{Erica} said...

Holy nice bike, what an AWE.SOME gift! Makes me miss provo canyon river trail and the good ol long boarding days...*sigh*. we moved to flatter-than-me-Iowa and sold our boards to some zoobies...anyway, enjoy the bike with the weather you're having out there at the moment!

Ashley said...

Sooo fun! That's a great gift! Ry and I bike around quite a bit and always straps Ryley in this little backpack on his back... She can't get enough of it... neither can I. it's about the cutest thing I've ever seen and she has a blast! Addie will Love it! Enjoy! And yes, you can be a fence sitter :)

*ethan* said...

that is a good gift and dave is done christmas shopping!!

Chris Grover said...

Sweetness! A gift that just keeps on giving! You guys are gonna have so much fun!