25 November 2007

If God Didn't Want Us To Eat Turkeys, He Wouldn't Have Made Them Out Of Turkey

While you all were busy stuffing your faces with turkey and making memories with friends and family, we were busy stuffing our faces with turkey and making memories ONLY with family. We went to Idaho for Thanksgiving where three of Adelaide's cousins waited with hoping hearts and cheerful smiles for her arrival. I'm afraid Addie might ask for a family transfer one of these days and refer to us as Uncle Daddy and Aunt May. She loves her cousins THAT much. That's why we limit her contact with them.

Anyway, we had a ball. We went to a local park for our Annual Thanksgiving Hike. In the past we have been chased by dogs, shot by members of the Viet Cong and trespassed on private property. Just the park this year. Looks like my parents are toning it down.


Then we feasted as though it was a feast (psst... it was a feast). I kept myself under control and only ate seven deviled eggs. My life is hard sometimes.

Then we did what everyone else did after their Thanksgiving dinner. We opened Christmas stockings. My mom figured that since the grandkids won't be around on Christmas Day, she should have them open stockings a little early. Nice Granny. Tolerant Grandpa.

Then we went to downtown Idaho Falls, saw some decorated trees, took a horse carriage ride, chilled with Santa, made Christmas decorations, helped decorate Adelaide's Great Grandmother's house and then set up Granny's tree.

It was all followed up with a fashionable attendance in Addie's new Holiday Dress at church.


7 comments:

Leah said...

Looks like you had a blast! Did you know my mom is from Idaho Falls? crazy!

{natalie} said...

looks like a fun weekend. i love thanksgiving weekend. adelaide is looking like such a big girl.

*ethan* said...

that seems like a good turkey week!!

jake roi said...

I'm glad you guys had a great holiday. We stayed home with just our fam and enjoyed our (sniff) last Thanksgiving together for 2 years.

There was some murmuring about no cousins - but we'll see them all at Christmas.

Love Addie's new doo - how cute.

Smith Life said...

How fun! Santa and stockings on thanksgiving! I got to do that next year! Addie's dress is adorable!

{Erica} said...

I love her christmas dress. Looks like you had a ton of fun!

ps you mentioned you liked playing foot and mouth...i didn't list that on my post because i thought no one knew how to play....we LOVE to play that game and I always have to be the one that keeps the cards. My grandpa from Jersey taught me when I was little to play that game and now we play it anytime there is a family get together....

Chris Grover said...

oh man, i love the hair cut and the dress is ADORABLE! seriously -- it makes her look so grown up! and i love that picture of you all at the top of the hill! looks like you had a great thanksgiving!