30 November 2007

The Polar Express


'Tis the beauty of Heber City.
We wanted to visit Santa tonight so we decided the only way
to see him was to take the Polar Express!


It was so much fun and the snow made it even better.
If you know me, I hate snow. But, it was so necessary to create
the proper mood. And oh did it create the mood.
It was beautiful!


Adelaide met Mrs. Claus who gave me her special cookie recipe.


She met Santa for the second time. He gave her a special bell
that everyone on the train could hear.


She even got picked to sing Jingle Bells with our lovely elves
for the evening, Cookie and Sprinkle.

It was a beautiful night.

9 comments:

{natalie} said...

i have wanted to do that forever. it looks awesome in the snow. i'm glad it was fun

Ashley said...

Sounds so fun! Ry and I have talked about doing it this year, but with his schedule, I kind of doubt we'll be able to... There's always next year!

Anonymous said...

The storyteller did make a point of calling the little children's sleeping outfits "Pajamas" where all the 'a' sounds are like 'awe' and NOT the way where the second 'a' sounds like the 'a' in apple.

Pajamas!

Cari said...

Where have I been? I didn't know they did that. What a fun thing to do!

amy said...

Sorry for slacking on the blog updates! I have always wanted to go on the Polar Express. This could make for a fun tradition!

{Erica} said...

will they still be doing that in december? where'd you find out about it...we'll be there in two weeks and I want to take the girls.

such a cool idea!

Smith Life said...

What a great idea! Polar Express! How awesome is that! Ms. Clause is looking good for being so old!

Chris Grover said...

We ride the train every year around Christmas time and it is one of my favorite traditions. I'm not sure if we are going this year, though, because it might be a bit too cold for Kaiya! I can't wait until she can fully enjoy it the way Adelaide did! Soooo fun!

Lyle said...

I always wanted to take a ride on the Heber Creeper. Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda.