27 June 2007

A Delicious Concoction


I threw together this little ditty for dinner tonight.
I had no idea what to make, but I had pasta and some veggies that needed
to be eaten up.
It actually turned out very yummy.
So I thought I would share it.

12 oz. of whole grain rotini or other pasta of your choosing
enough olive oil to coat pasta (I estimated)
about 3 Tbsp lemon juice (I estimated this as well)
2 cut up tomatoes
3 scallions, I excluded the white ends
1 small can mushrooms drained (I didn't have fresh, but they would most likely be best)
2 tsp. chopped garlic
4 Tbsp. dried parsley
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Drain pasta, while it drains put same pan back on warm burner and add all other ingredients (except cheese) to blend flavors. Let sit for just a minute or two.
Add pasta and mix together.
Stir in cheese.

Enjoy!




3 comments:

{Erica} said...

Ummm yum!!!!

Queen Bee said...

Sounds delicious, my kind of recipe! I often throw things together and it's even better when it turns out OK.

Chris Grover said...

yum-alicious! i love new inventions! and pretty darn healthy too!