24 June 2007

My Name is Adelaide

It all started with a brilliant idea.


Let's go camping.


Sure its bear season right now, but what bear is gonna still be hungry after 90 pounds of deliciously lake-soaked doggy deliciousness? No bear. Thats what bear.
Turns out Captain had a bad first night and kept most of us up with his whimpering. He loves the tent but honestly, he's a blanket hog. So outside he slept. Don't worry. The next night, Daddy played fetch in the lake with him for almost a full hour. We figured he would either drowned or be too tired to fuss all night. Needless to say (but I'll say it), Captain slept soundly the second night.


For Father's Day I got my dad a new rowing raft and myself a life jacket. So I decided that Payson Lakes would be ideal. We found a campsite at Maple Bench where Maple Lake is.

Its kinda like an oversized scummy pond, but its perfect for fetch with Captain and throwing rocks. Apparently little snakes like it too because we saw a diaper full of them!


Kip and Whitney also braved the bears for the first night. Had Uncle Kip stayed the whole time he probably would have eaten more s'mores than Mommy did (6).
Saturday morning meant we were up at the highest of the three Payson Lakes. Dad called it "The Higher One" which works for me.
We launched out our raft and lazied in the lake for a couple hours. I ate oreos, Dad paddled, and Mom got a sunburn.

But I had a blast when we came back to shore too.

I was in a great mood.

So we decided to take a hike around Maple Lake.

Then we went for a drive to a scenic outlook of Utah Lake.

It was a beautiful view.

We never did see any bears, but we did see some angry deer. All in all a great trip for my first multi-night camping experience. Thanks Mom and Dad. Now all I need is a bath!

5 comments:

{Erica} said...

K, first of all Adelaide is such an awesome name! Second, loved the pics. and third, wish we would've gone with you because I bet I have bigger calves than the bears do, thus making them fear and marvel at me and protecting all surrounding campers...seriously..i have lovely polynesian calves!

Cari said...

What a brave girl Adelaide! The thought of bears scares me to no end. No end I tell you! Looks like you got your daddy the perfect gift for Father's Day. Lakes kind of freak me out (looks like I'm a big chicken!) but looks like you are fearless! That's pretty darn awesome! What a cutie!

Ashley said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! We are actually thinking of going up to Maple lake this next weekend... Glad to see you didn't get eaten by any bears!!!

Chris Grover said...

whew, we have been worried sick all weekend! now we can rest at ease and call off the search party. except, they were searching in american fork -- we were WAY off! welcome home -- looks like you had a FANTASTIC camping experience! we're jealous!

{natalie} said...

oh that adelaide was lucky to have such a fun weekend camping. i've been wanting smores so bad lately. and i find it hard to believe you ate six megan! so glad you made it home safe and sound!!