07 June 2007

Ikea Hurt (Real Bad)

This is my cute (sometimes smiley) baby girl.


I love her more than words can say, but today I wanted to insert earplugs and super glue them in.
Starting from the moment she woke up this morning, I knew it was not going to be a good day.
I don't think I've ever heard her cry and whine so much.
The reason why, we don't know.
I thought she might have a better time if we got out of the house.
Ethan and his chillins were at our house earlier and mentioned they were heading to Ikea later that evening.
I decided Adelaide and I should tag along. I met them at Costco where Natalie was getting off of work and off we went.
I figured she would do fine because she loves Ethan and Natalies boy Kade and he loves her. They kiss and hug.
She hardly cared at all. I don't think we had more than two minutes of silence or happiness from her at a time.
If anyone has heard her scream before, you know it is ear piercing and LOUD.
That must be why everyone stared at us as we walked through the isles.
No lie my peeps. I have witnesses. You can link to their blogs and ask them yourself.
She was THAT miserable.
She cried and cried because nothing could console her or make her happy. I think the only time she was somewhat ok was with Ethan. But they had their two kids to take care of so it didn't last. She wasn't too happy about that.
We were there two hours and I think it was the worst shopping experience of my life. The fact that I was with Ethan, Natalie, Eric, Jackie, and the kids made it bearable. Without them I would have broke. To tiny pieces.
I will never take her there again. At least without Davey. No, maybe never again, period.
What is wrong with my child?
She isn't even two yet but she is acting like it! Maybe worse.
I feel we might be doomed and I have a throbbing headache.
Is she trying to deter us from having more children?
Cause it's working!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my poor girls. I am just sad for everyone involved. Poor things.

*ethan* said...

it wasn't that bad.... but she does like me, and anytime i held her she was happy. And she liked setting in the cart with kade for a while.....but with that said she did have some sad moments

{Erica} said...

Gotta love those days...they seem to come more frequent as they get older and more frustrated at being little and not being able to communicate! Ever notice how your ears ring with that lovely high pitched scream little girls can do? YIKES...me NO likey!! But at least she's a cutie,because seriously, if she wasn't it'd be hard to bear no?

{natalie} said...

it really wasn't that bad. and kade still likes her. he was telling me about going to your house yesterday. i think we need to go back and get that $10 tent for them to hang out in....

Rosie said...

Adalaide, Granny is on your side! What department were you in, May? Some of those departments can be pretty scarry, especially for a little girl afraid of puppets!